Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    I posted this in the first folder also. i figure i could get more help in two
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I posted this in the first folder also. i figure i could get more help in two
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
where is the usual spot? so that i can check it out.

Posts: 17 | Location: Staten Island, NY USA | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those listed above. I haven't posted at any of them recently but will get to it when I can, and traffic there tends to trickle out during the summer anyway.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story with the sugar family neighbors is "Rain, Rain, Go Away" by, that's right, Issac Asimov. It is listed in my textbook as copyrighted by King-Size Publishing, Inc. from Buy Jupiter and Other Stories. I'm surprised no one guessed Asimov! Anyway, glad I could help; it's a fun story and my students usually liked it!

Posts: 4 | Location: sylmar,CA, USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ASIMOV AGAIN! Surely the winner in the "mistaken for Bradbury" contest. Perhaps Asimov was inspired to write this story by the following quote from Winston Churchill: "We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy." -- Speech made to the Canadian Parliament, December 30, 1941. Unfortunately, pre-space age, so he could not say "across the stars."

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok here's a question... is ther any place on the internet where i can get this story? thanks everyone for all your help.

i am so gratefull and if you ever need my help, im here

Posts: 17 | Location: Staten Island, NY USA | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't think the story is available to be read on-line, as far as I know. But you can go ahead and pick up a copy of Asimov's book Buy Jupiter very inexpensively. (Check out http://www.abe.com/ to find a whole list of used copies available.)

I just read the book a few days ago--bought a copy based on your post! The sugar story was fine, as were quite a few of the others--it had been a while since I'd read any Asimov...

Posts: 90 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mother was glad to read the sugar people story...

i actually download Asimov's complete work over 300 files of all his novels short stories and comentaries. from a napster like site. so if anyone wants a copy to read i have in word .doc