Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FG Wickeds
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
As to mirrors and carnivals . . . find Bradbury's story "The Dwarf" and check that story out. What a great story that is!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carnivals to me are creapy but only because of the people that work them. I always associate carnivals with people being kidnapped, being chased down, murdered of all of the above thats what you always see in the movies. I think its becuase it is usually dark and scary when all the people come out and all the lights make a very scary scenery.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah: MC, Prologue
"This wasn't the work of a cheap carnival tattoo man with three colors and whiskey on his breath."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ophelia:
Hello everyone and fair students of mine. I think some of you are in limbo as to what to discuss, so here is a topic.
Carnivals: How evil are they? In the novel? In life?
Personally carnivals terrify me. I always find people that dress up like unhuman(?) characters and people who can do unhuman(?) tricks creep me out. What do you think? Is this the same in the novel?

Yeah carnivals in real life don't really scare me that much i havn't ever really had a bad experience at one. I'm sure though that if i came across a carnival like in the book i would be terrified of them for the rest of my life.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mirrors are an attempt to make us look into ourselves, and search inside us for the reason we feel this way about our reflections

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in this story the carnival is wicked because well.... the carnival feeds off of evil and sins and all sorts of stuff like that. i dont think that they are in real life. except if they have clowns. if they do then they are evil.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post