Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    story about girl and the sun ??

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

story about girl and the sun ??
 Login/Join

posted
need title to this story. its about a little girl and no one has ever seen the sun. she believes the sun will shine and no one believes her. the day the sun comes out the other children have locked her in the school and have forgotten her. she misses the sun

help...

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sunshine,
Welcome. Love your name.

You remember the story very well. It is Ray Bradbury’s “All Summer In A Day” and can be found in the collections: “A Medicine For Melancholy” and “The Stories of Ray Bradbury”.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a film version of this story out there somewhere. Many years ago my seventh grade language arts teacher had my class watch it. Luckily, she turned off the lights so my classmates didn't catch me crying. To this day more than twenty years later, I still have dreams about that story and wake up wanting to cry.
Later that same year I found a find a copy of R is for Rocket in my reading class. My teacher noticed what I was reading and gave me a copy of Fahrenheit 451 to read. I've been hooked ever since.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coyul:
There is a film version of this story out there somewhere...

It's here .

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Phil. I had never looked to see if the film was out there. I've simply relied on the version recorded in my memory.

Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it again couple days ago. Hadn't seen it in about twenty years. It's a beautiful little story and film.

Speaking of short films, just got back from George Clayton Johnson's where he handed me a DVD-R copy of "Icarus Montgolfier Wright" to watch. Been wanting to see it for a long time, but it's been unavailable. Even the screenplay is unavailable:

http://www.amazon.com/Montgolfier-Wright-George-Clayton...5509?ie=UTF8&s=books

I'll let you know!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post