Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Story about the Sun

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Story about the Sun
 Login/Join

posted
I am almost certain this is a Bradbury story, but can't remember the title or find it in the anthologies I have . . . it's about a world in which the sun has never shone, at least not during the lifetimes of those who are then children. There is one boy who saw the sun, and who is hated for it by those who are jealous. He talks about the sun and craves to see it again. But when there comes a forecast that the sun will appear on one golden day, these unlucky and unkind children cast the boy into a pit/dungeon where he will be denied his wish. I can't remember the ending, or the title. CAN YOU HELP? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Alexandria, VA, USA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friends, I have just found the answer to my question in another thread - "Al Summer in a Day." Many thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Alexandria, VA, USA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post