Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    something wicked this way comes
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

something wicked this way comes
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yeah. Refer to Mr. Dark's post on 1/20 and look at those books he suggested. They really would help.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok i'll try those books, i'm just a really slow reader so... i genrally try to take the easy way around.

Posts: 13 | Location: palmyra ny | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What exactly are you wanting?

Posts: 8 | Location: ~Live AND Love It~ | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...for an easy way to research

Posts: 8 | Location: ~Live AND Love It~ | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm reading Something Wicked This Way Comesfor school and I have to write a psychoanalytical essay...

posted Hide Post
I'm currently reading this book. Honestly, I find it slightly confusing, but it intrigues the mind and it makes you think.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im reading this book too and its very confusing.using.

Posts: 4 | Location: scool | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My whole class is reading this book. I think we're a little to old for it. It seems like an extremely easy read for an English 111 class

Posts: 12 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to understand Something Wicked and read another book on the side. I don't really like the one we are reading but I'm dealing with it. And what are little 13 year olds doing late at night watching people have sex?

Kali

Posts: 15 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kali,
Why do you think that Bradbury put that in the book? Confused (The boys watching people having sex through their window while hiding in a tree.) It is a disturbing thing to have in a book that seems to be for a younger age level. I wonder if they put this part in the Disney movie?

posted Hide Post
Hypno,
They have sex related things in Disney movies. Some are hidden but still. Everything always relates to sex in some form or another. And I totally agree. It is disturbing. Maybe that was the transition for them wanting to be older and to understand that stuff.

Kali

Posts: 15 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought about this part of the story. Since Will doesn't want to be at the "theatre" and Jim does, it reinforces their dichotomy - Jim's wanting to be older and being more susceptible to the dark influences...More can be said, but it's not my assignment!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by babygirl:
hey any one willing to help the new person, i don't know what inspired bradbury to write this...

I don't know for sure either, but i would say he has always been fascinated with carnivals or terrified of them... or both.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post