Ray Bradbury Forums
Illustrated Man film

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/3631073372

14 April 2002, 10:38 PM
crumley
Illustrated Man film
I read somewhere (an online bookstore, I think) that there were plans to re-film THE ILLUSTRATED MAN. Except for the brilliant performance by Rod Steiger, the 1969 film was pretty awful (just my opinion - please feel free to disagree!). It was especially disappointing considering the wealth of great material they had to draw from. This was the first Ray Bradbury book I read, and it remains my favourite.
I thought it would be interesting to consider a new film of ILLUSTRATED MAN (however unlikely it may actually be) -
*Which stories should be included?
*Any thoughts on possible director, cast etc.?
15 April 2002, 04:09 AM
dandelion
Glad you brought that up. I am just rereading the book. What was WITH that movie version of "The Last Night of the World"? When I read the story, it was the one I remembered reading--sure as hell *not* what was in that movie!
23 May 2002, 12:41 PM
uncle
I second the motion Crumley, A call to arms, legs, back, and belly this
potential film needs a cast. Rod Stieger did a great role as the original. Heaven forbid we get a CGI Illustrated man. Who do you think could step up to the role? With what we can do now, technically the Veldt, Kaleidescope, and the surface of Venus are possible. It is just to fertile to pass up,
someone needs to pardon the phrase "ink the deal". So I challenge the collective BBB Bulliten Board Brain to come up with some casting for the main character, of the Illustrated Man, and maybe some repeating principle leads in the following stories.
Call it a Summer vacation I dare ya!

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 05-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 05-23-2002).]