Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Story
 Login/Join

posted
It was noted elsewhere that recent arrivals like myself who came on to respond to the 9/11-451 debate didn't comment on other works. Which then got me thinking about Ray Bradbury's works and I remembered a Short Story I read a LONG time ago that I think was by Ray Bradbury, what better opportunity to find out. Did Ray Bradbury ever write a short story about an artificial wife? Also there were a few books that I thought were by Ray Bradbury that were not on the list of works on this website. Is that the complete list?

Posts: 17 | Location: USA/UK | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He did one on an artificial Grandmother. Could that be what you're remembering? It is called, "I Sing the Body Electric".

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the story to which you refer is either "Marionettes, Inc." or "Punishment Without Crime." Both involve the theme of an "artificial wife" and both can be found in the anthology, THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY, published in 1980.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 06-21-2004).]

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Richard

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
Thanks, Richard

Awesome. I come on here to rant about Michael Moore and go away with a useful tip for reading matter. Thanks folks!

Posts: 17 | Location: USA/UK | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post