Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Day I Died by Terry Tapp

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Day I Died by Terry Tapp
 Login/Join

posted
Could anyone here tell me if this was in fact by Ray Bradbury as i remember reading this short and can't quite place it? The story may only have been an anthology edited by him, if so i apologise to purists here, however it definetly feel like one of his shorts from the flavour of the text. However my 20 year old memory of reading this is perhaps missleading.

Posts: 2 | Location: UK | Registered: 05 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terry Tapp is (or appears to be) the name of a real author, and is not a pseudonym for Ray Bradbury.

Ray has not written a story with that title (although he did write one called "Yesterday I Lived"! This was published in his short story collection A Memory of Murder.)

I'm afraid I don't know the story in question, so I can't help you find it.

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That story is part of an anthology called "The Thirteenth Ghost Book," which was edited by Mary Danby in 1981. It was written by Terry Tapp.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. Your right i had that book all those years ago didn't realise Terry Tap was the author, thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: UK | Registered: 05 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terry Tapp, although you may find this extremely hard to believe, is my grandfather. I know for a fact that he is a big Bradbury fan and takes influence from his writing.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I was charmed to realise people out there actually read my stuff. The Day I Died is my story, but all my writing in sf, ghost, horror etc has been influenced by writers like Ray Bradbury, who, incidentally, has promised me his parrot when he dies. I hope I shall be 110 years old by that time.
Best wishes to both my fans - and my dear grandson!

Terry

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Terry, how come your name is John Duncan? (Or: John, how come your name is Terry?)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My name is both those - and many more. Sometimes, to give the illusion several people have written for an anthology, I have to invent names (Terry is my real name) and I have even been known to adopt a woman's name for some publications - absolutely vital when writing in the first person from a woman's viewpoint.

Bess twitches - Terry

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Terry (and Grandson!) if you're still out there and following this. Being very interested in Mary Danby and Chetwynd-Hayes' anthologies I'm wondering did you write for the Fontana Ghost, Horror, Tales of Terror or Frighteners series' under other names?

Sorry to make my first post a non-Bradbury one! Frowner

Posts: 1 | Location: Loughville | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post