Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favourite Bradbury novel

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favourite Bradbury novel
 Login/Join

posted

Question:
Hey, we have a "poll" facility on this new board, but as far as I can see no one has used it yet. So...

Please vote for your favourite Bradbury novel. (Please note that the automated poll only allows FIVE options to be listed, so I have not been able to include all of Ray's novels.)

Choices:
The Martian Chronicles
Fahrenheit 451
Dandelion Wine
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Death is a Lonely Business (and its sequels)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough vote, as I have a kind of top three: F451, Something Wicked, and Martian Chronicles. There are things I like about each one, so the best/favorite question is hard to answer, as it doesn't factor in the variable preferences.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same problem choosing. Sanme three favourites.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny--those are my favorite three too. Great minds...

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too.

If I was stranded on a desert island and could have only one book it would have to be "SOMETHING WICKED" (if not HOW TO BUILD A RAFT FROM SAND, PALM TREES, AND SEA WATER by Bill Draft) because I could remember each character's lines and perform a one-man/woman-act for the very critical, dissapproving, and hard to please Pelicans. If they liked the performance they would toss fish at me as I took my bows. And that's how I'd survive being on a desert island, if I didn't have that Draft book, and I'd owe it all to Ray Bradbury. What a guy. What a book.

I could also draw pictures in the sand for fish, but I'm no Picasso.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hey, we have a "poll" facility on this new board, but as far as I can see no one has used it yet. So...

Please vote for your favourite Bradbury novel. (Please note that the automated poll only allows FIVE options to be listed, so I have not been able to include all of Ray's novels.)
I'm going to go with something wicked because its the only one i've read and it was a pretty good book.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We read Something Wicked... at school, and I really enjoyed it! Bradbury's descriptions are really amazing. A lot of the kids didn't like it because they didn't get it, but I thought it was awesome!!!!!

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing." -Blaise Pascal

Posts: 14 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post