Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Looking for the name of a story
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for the name of a story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alive:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I've seen other message forums die when spam outnumbers proper messages. I would hate to see this particular lawn ruined by uncontrollable weeds such as this!

Maybe post a note to remind members to hit the report button - probably some haven't noticed it.
Just a thought to help with the weeding.

Good point! If you see something, say something.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alive:
Pardon my ignorance (I probably know less about Ray and his stories than anyone here, but I'm learning), but I thought "R is for Rocket" and "S is for Space" were childrens books, so I gave them a miss.
Sounds like that was a mistake.

They were originally intended for a "younger" audience, but they are mostly compiled from stories originally in Ray's other collections. So the contents weren't written for kids; it's just that kid-friendly stories were gathered together in one place.

I have a vague recollection that some of the stories might have been ever so slightly adjusted for the younger reader, but I don't recall the specifics. (And I may be wrong on this. Memory ain't what it used to be.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil.
Two more for my shopping list of the last 40 years of Ray's work.
Lucky Christmas is coming.

I'm Alive!

Posts: 32 | Location: Cardigan, Wales | Registered: 19 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So did you get the suitable name for the story, do share with us.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Frost and Fire" people live 8 days. The young man's sister has the haunting name of Dark.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just registered here to say 'THANK YOU!'.

I've been googling for the last week variations of 'Ray Bradbury, people live for a week' or 'age really fast' etc. etc.

I was telling a friend he should read some Bradbury and this story always comes to mind when I recommend him.

Always enjoyed it but it's been forever since I read it.

Thanks again.. next time I'll look for dedicated forums a bit quicker.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Frost and Fire" is one of the stories which literally made my blood run cold because my circulation stopped from not moving the whole time I read it.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post