Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
...and then there is this!

After viewing the closing seconds, I got up to check - - just in case!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGoSnnzzEhM

AAAUUUGGHHHH!
OMFSM!
That was horrifying! Maybe if you're not listening to the music or thinking of F451 it is more fascinating than horrifying -- maybe.
But it's beginning to look like I will *never* forget my visualizing of that needle with the paralyzing venom coming half out of the circle of the dog's mouth, and moving in and out, ready to sting.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just now deleted 5 post from a user registered as James Robinson. The post were all placed for advertising (spam) purposes, which is in violation of good netiquette.

I have allowed one post by that user to stand (but with advertising links removed), only because it was amusing in its context.

I would like dandelion to consider deleting James Robinson from the board (not something I have the powers to do).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic scene with "Linda" asked a most important question ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAFGUEUVweU

And this - Right again, Mr. Bradbury!!!
An exact celeb news headline, verbatim:
"Did Kim Kardashian Influence Kylie Jenner to Use Lip Fillers?"

If you already had the answer to this "Lip" inquiry, "You're absolutely fantastic!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, books are still viable:

My original hometown (much like Green Town):
— City police charged XXXX XXXX, 34, of XXX State St., upper apartment, with second-degree harassment after he allegedly hit a man with a book. Police said Mr. XXXX hit the man with the book during an incident at his residence. Mr. XXXX, was charged at 9:27 p.m. Wednesday, and held pending an appearance in City Court. (So, he got "booked" also.)

I wonder what the title of the book was . . .!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I wonder what the title of the book was . . .!?

Perhaps this?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil! Perfect.
Now, that would be ironic...in a strange literary way.

posted Hide Post
Years ago on the "Headlines" bit on The Tonight Show, Jay Leno had a great one about two guys in a religious argument during which one whacked the other with the Bible and broke his nose!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police said Mr. XXXX...

Doesn't he live on Mars?!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
dandelion wrote:

quote:
Years ago on the "Headlines" bit on The Tonight Show, Jay Leno had a great one about two guys in a religious argument during which one whacked the other with the Bible and broke his nose!

I trust the assault was instantly forgiven?

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
dandelion wrote:

quote:

I trust the assault was instantly forgiven?

Heh, I doubt that.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post