Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I like the whole atmosphere of the book. I can't explain it, but it just feels gritty and greasy somehow... It's as if the book itself smells like ashes. Of course Montag's character has always smelled like gasoline to me, just because I've never smelled kersosene (that I recall...). I never associated a smell with Clarisse, Beatty, or Faber, though.
Did I just weird everyone out? I don't really understand it myself, heh. Just an overactive imagination, I guess.

Posts: 7 | Location: Dresden, NY, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I always associated the smell of dandelions with Clarisse.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clarisse -- the smell of autumn leaves...

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All due respects, Dandy, "....fresh apricots and strawberries!"

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, now that I think about it, Faber always smelled like my grandfather... Lol, you know, that old man smell? I can't really describe it.
I always imagined Beatty as a big sweaty guy, so he'd probably smell like sweat AND gasoline (gross).
Clarisse never smelled like anything, I just kind of imagined her as being cool to the touch, like porcelain, even though she seemed to be the most alive out of the whole bunch. It seemed like in a place where the whole world seemed to be on fire, she was the relief. A cool breeze blowing through an overheated room...

Posts: 7 | Location: Dresden, NY, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Fahrenhiet 451! A few years ago, I was in a theatre company that did a re-make of 451...as a musical. It was amazing. One of my favourite plays ever.

Did anyone hear about it?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love musicals; in fact one of my unmarketable talents is singing (I'm the bass section leader in a large chorus). I also love F451, but I have difficulty imagining a musical version of such a story!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would seem that a musical of F451 would play much like Victor Hugo's Les Miserables? Intense, driving, and leaving you drained as you departed the theater. Was that the case, Musicated?

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 11-04-2004).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very successful "musical" of Ray Bradbury's was ''The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit'', which played in Pasadena, California. This particular production was one of the few plays Bradbury has done that actually made money.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved this book so much, in fact i just finished reading it today and was so inspired by it that I had to come to his website right away. When I heard people saying they thought it was boring i was like 'What, how could you??' But i think this book is a book that you either love or hate. In my case i loved it. I think part of the reason I loved it so much was because i feel so passionatly about books and i read non-stop (if you wanna know, my username was going to be bookworm but it was already taken!). Anyway i definatly recommend this book and DONT SKIP ANY PAGES!!! Every page is meaningful and has brilliant metaphors. He creates such vivd images you feel like you are standing right next to Montag and he makes you feel so comapssionatly for his characters that i almost cried when i found out that Clarisse had died and i wanted to rip up the book and yell 'How could Mildred forget to tell himt hat someone had died!!!' It is such a different society from ours but the scary part is i can see our society being exactly like that in a few hundred years, its so weird! Anyway I just want to say that i love this book so much and if Ray ever reads these I just want to say to him Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!! I cant wait to read another one of his books. If anybody is interested i am 13 and I was jsut wondering what the average age is around here. Bye!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the book was ok. But it wasn't one of my favorite. I think that it was cool how there firemen and they get to make the fire and not put it out but why burn the books. But after i read the whole think i thought it was ok, and i understand why they did what they do in that town or in the book.

Posts: 9 | Location: wausau wi | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this book was pretty good for mant reasons such as bradburys capability to use types of writing such as symbolism and his plot with the people such as montag who do not agree with the no books law are on the run and starting a new society. that is a very origanal and one of a kind story which is cool. who else even thought about things like this that far back in time?

Posts: 5 | Location: wausau,wisonsin, US | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This book was very interesting to me. I don't really read most books, but when I started to read this one I was hooked. The plot of the book is just amazing, and really makes you think of what the world would be like without books, and how we are almost making a transition over to that right now. The government probably wouldn't ban books or anything, but people are starting to reject them and do more interactive things like watching tv. I would definately recommend this book to other people, because it was just amazing to me.

Posts: 6 | Location: Wausau, Wisconsin, United States | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well i think the book is actually good. coughcoughmyteacherisreadingthisrightnowwellprettysoonhineir!coughcough the ending was actually surprising for me. i didnt expect that the city would be bombed. yea... yea...

Posts: 19 | Location: wausau, WI | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the part when Montag met the book people that had read a story and retold it to maybe future kids.When montag burned beatty and finally read the books he hid.
No almost everything just didn,t make sense.

Posts: 7 | Location: Wausau, WI. 54401 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post