Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Found my old friend Ray in my new country!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found my old friend Ray in my new country!
 Login/Join

posted
Ray, I've been a fan since I read THE ILLUSTRATED MAN in High School. I'm also a Freeberg fan and I have TIP OF THE FREEBERG with your bits on it... and I have the Radio Spirits collection you hosted. I brought all these things to Korea with me as I came to teach english and replace diminishing opportunities in news radio for an older reporter.
What a great surprise it was to find a book of yours I'd never heard of in the English Language section of a Korean children's bookstore! LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE has started out very well... (I'm alternately casting Gloria Swanson or Michelle Pffeiffer in my mind-movie, depending on if you're describing her naked or not), and I can't wait to see what is next. How great it is to roll in your style again in a full-length book! The copywrite says it came out last year, but this is the first I've heard of it.
I just wanted to thank you for continuing to evolve and for casting your loony message bottles out into the sea where this loony self-exiled American can find them. You and Rex Stout(and Stan Freeberg) are my favortite and most constant companions at this time. Please give my 48-year old thanks to your wonderful friends, Stan F. and Ray Harryhausen.
Regards, Johnny Beyond, aka your unmet friend, Warren.
P.S. Anybody who hasn't heard the adaptations on that Radio Spirits Sci-Fi collection is missing a treat... especially MARRIONETTES INC..

Posts: 1 | Location: Suwon, Kyong-Ki-Do, Korea | Registered: 23 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post