Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    WHAT STORY IS THAT?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHAT STORY IS THAT?
 Login/Join

posted
Please, can anyone help with the name of the story by R.B.? I totally forgot it. The plot is...there's this stepfather who won't let the kids enter his study, and the kids find some kind of timer in the basement, and at the X hour they leave the house with their stepfather inside, the house flies away in the end.
Thnx.

Posts: 3 | Location: Russia | Registered: 13 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go with 100% not Bradbury. What say others?

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Not Bradbury.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an early rejected script for UP

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks anyway.

Posts: 3 | Location: Russia | Registered: 13 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Sounds like an early rejected script for UP

And what is "UP"? Bradbury's story?

posted Hide Post
Santeri:
No! When it was mentioned that the "...house flies away..." I thought of being funny by mentioning UP, Disney's new movie. See a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...DFU1Hr2s&feature=pyv

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up was terrific!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Up was terrific!

Best movie I've seen this year.

"It is such a treat having you here."

Treat?!?? Treat?!??? Treat?!?? Treat?!??? Treat?!?? Treat?!??? Treat?!?? Treat?!???

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

That or Where the Wild Things Are. My review:

Wow. The Hollywood studios finally got it right. This is no slick, too sweet, sugar-coated, feel-good movie about childhood. This is different. You can tell from the opening seconds that this movie is going to be something different. And something special. It grabs you right away and doesn't let loose. This film is hard. It's painful. It's real. I would not be surprised to see people walk out of it for those reasons. But stick with it and you'll be treated to perhaps the best film about childhood since The Red Balloon. This is one stark, at times depressing film, but it's so emotionally involving. And so rewarding. You'll not soon forget it. You won't laugh much, but you may cry a little. This is not a kid's movie - it's an adult's movie about childhood. Do not miss this film, but it's not really meant for the younger set. Just my opinion.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

My review:

Wow, Your review has made me want to see "UP". I personally dismissed it as another childish movie, but after reading this, I have a completely different mindset!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Wow, Your review has made me want to see "UP". I personally dismissed it as another childish movie, but after reading this, I have a completely different mindset!

See Up! - it's delightful. But my review was for Where the Wild Things Are.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Oh? Miscommunication on my part, but the message got through~!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Althoguth I don't remember the house flying away, tthis sounds clsoely akin to a short story, "The Veldt," set in the far future, there was a playroom for the children, which the parents were limiting time for the children to visit. Ultimately, the brother and sister lure the parents into the playroom, turning it into a veldt, complete with hungry lions to eat the parents. This was one of my favorite Bradbury stories, alongside the Illustrated Man, F451, and the Martian Chronicles.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post