Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    affair story? help!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

affair story? help!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi. I'm a huge Bradbury fan and this summer i suddenly remembered a short story by him that i'd read a few years back, but i can't remember the title or which book it was from. I have a lot of books so going through them to try to find it wasn't really possible. As i remember the story is about a married man and a married woman having an affair. They are talking about how they wish that they could be with their current spouses, but that they would be different, and more like the person they were having the affair with. At the end i think the woman leaves to go back to her husband, but i'm not exactly sure. Anyways, i'm DYING to read this story again and if anyone knows where i might re-find this, please tell me and that would be awesome. Thanks!

Posts: 6 | Location: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Heart Transplant," published long ago in magazine form, but in one of his most recent short story collections, "One More for the Road."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
arien dali,

I share your enthusiasm for this particular story! Actually, it was the one that really made me a Bradbury fan.
Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by Menes (edited 11-30-2004).]

Posts: 59 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yay! Thanks so much for telling me of it! I went to the library yesterday and got it and re-read it and OHHHH ITS SOOO GOOD. so damn sad though... but most excellent. Thanks a million... :]

Posts: 6 | Location: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never read that story. Maybe I'll get ONE FOR THE ROAD. Is it in his 100 more stories of Ray Bradbury collection, or whatever it's called?

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains,

nope, that story has only appeared in One More For The Road (and an issue of Playboy several years ago).

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now you have piqued my interest I will have to pull One More For The Road off the shelf and re-read that story.

This is great for people to discuss various stories as it does create a renewed interest in me to go back and read stories that I haven't read for years.

I have read Death Is A Lonely Business twice and would like to go back re-read A Graveyard For Lunatics and Let's All Kill Constance. I loved those books, the characters and wish that Ray would continue with more as a serial type of story, but he said that he was done with that type of writing preferring the short story.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he said many years ago he'd probably never write a long novel again, so those books were a surprise.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"but he said that he was done with that type of writing preferring the short story."

But...Ahh man!!! Does this mean no sequel to F-451?

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he is working in the sequel to Dandelion Wine, so there's that to look forward to!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sequel to Dandelion Wine?! seriously?! OH MY GOD!!! that is just way too exciting for me to handle. ohhhhhh i love him!

posted Hide Post
When I spoke with Ray last Sunday morning and he reminded me that he has three books coming out next year, I didn't think to ask what they were going to be. I would assume they will be short stories, and in fact, one or two have been announced, as I recall, with specific titles. But are they all collections of short stories or what?

It would be interesting to see a sequel to F451, but alas, it seems not to be.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sequels to Dandelion Wine and Fahrenheit 451 have been titled but I don't know anything about their current form or publication plans.

posted Hide Post
wait wait wait. um, are you saying you KNOW ray bradbury? or were somehow lucky enough to go to a signing or something?! do these happen often?! ahem, i mean. i'm not super jealous or anything.

posted Hide Post
dandelion,

I remember you once revealing the title of the F-451 sequel, but my memory isn't what it once was. Was it THE READERS?

So beat me with a stick for not getting a clear understanding on the subject, but what do you know about the supposed sequel?