Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Martian Chronicles
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
This is a great story and is very interesting, so lets talk about this book here. My favorite part in the book in when the second expidition came and the martians all thought they were crazy people and then they got shot by the doctor guy. That was interesting. A long with the 3rd expedition when they thought there family was ther. What was your favorite part?

If someone can a ball out of your hand, does that make him better than you?

Posts: 12 | Location: wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When a passing Martian took on the Christ figure....

Others....
The opening chapter was great, and I thought that was the best part of the movie series, shown on TV years back. Who can forget the faces in the canal, and the Martians looking back?
But there are so many sentences here or there, glimpses of images in this chapter, that one, or a flow of descriptions and the luxury of gifted prose, that will always remain indelible in the mind.... That is what Ray is about...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I a have only read Martian Chronicles, Cna anyone recomend any other good Ray bradbury books.

Posts: 12 | Location: wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, my dear, you've just opened up the floodgates...

I relate, actually, because I first came to Bradbury when Avon re-released MC in hardback, and I just continued to eat up the hardback re-releases that followed.

You can't really go wrong with any Bradbury. If you liked the Martian Chronicles because of the science fiction elements and it made you think, you might try Farenheit 451.

If you liked the sheer magic and poetry of MC you might like Dandelion Wine -- a sort of magical small-town retro-nostalgic summer-of-wonder boyhood novel, also cobbled together from short stories as was MC.

If you are willing to invest some time in a more cohesive but lengthier narrative of startling poetic prose, try Something Wicked This Way Comes.

If you're in the mood for a little of this and a little of that, try the Illustrated Man, a very satisfying collection of Ray's short stories. Or another collection, The October Country.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I think I'll try Farenheit 451.

posted Hide Post
OK, P.B. - here you go!

See: http://www.spaceagecity.com/bradbury/books.htm

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks fjpalumbo, they have a lot of great book that he wrote there. By the way...Do you know if Ray Bradbury is still alive?

posted Hide Post
All together now: YES!

Long may he reign...

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty Bloater:
Thanks fjpalumbo, they have a lot of great book that he wrote there. By the way...Do you know if Ray Bradbury is still alive?

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! Thats old! He must be like...85! Well he still writes great books!

[This message has been edited by Pasty Bloater (edited 03-27-2003).]

posted Hide Post
"RAY BRADBURY FOREVER!"

posted Hide Post
Some bio info: RB is still going very strong - writing, speaking, occasionally signing, and enjoying each day at the ever young age of 82 yrs! Good for him!
SEE: http://www.spaceagecity.com/bradbury/bio.htm

Flashback-
It would be great to see him more often in some nationally televised venues. Did anyone ever get feedback from Charlie Rose, CBS, or other media sources for an RB interview of coast to coast status?

How about 60 Minutes? Wow! Would he give them an earful!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any rentable videos of Martian Chroniles I could get?

posted Hide Post
Renting is a possibility, or buying used from an auction site or online retailer like Amazon.com.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the videos called and where can I get them?

posted Hide Post
Read reviews at amazon.com to make sure you're getting the right thing! There's another, low-budget version which drew much criticism.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post