What Are You Reading ?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/2951028901

11 April 2006, 10:27 PM
Jayne
What Are You Reading ?
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Jayne, Are you familiar with Monty Python's "Bruces' Philosophers Song" ?
Lots of fun, particularly if you've read any of these guys. Here's a link with the lyrics and a music clip!

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:4hoTAzHLCrIJ:www.ad...n&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=6

Too funny, I must admit I'm not up on my Python. (little before my time) That is the best take on Kant I've heard, that guy would not know a period if it bit his big toe, UGH.
Thanks for the link.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jayne,
11 April 2006, 10:33 PM
Jayne
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
Jane,
By the way, Heidegger is tough for me. He makes my brain feel squeaky.

I think Heidegger is tough for anybody human. Your lucky it only makes your brain squeak, I just bashed my head into the wall for minute and a half, and if you think 90 seconds is a short time, count it out one second at a time.
Thanks for the welcome! Yours damagedly.
12 April 2006, 07:08 PM
rocket
I'm offended by the tentiveness of your first posting, Jayne. Although I am also offended by modern air, so, welcome aboard our tiny vessel.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
12 April 2006, 08:21 PM
Chapter 31
The carp rears its ugly head once more!

“Tentively” sheltered in our canvas enclosure for the evening we bid a fond farewell as the night owls hoot blissfully in our ears. Thankfully it was not a dark and stormy night.
12 April 2006, 08:40 PM
dandelion
"Tenting tonight, tenting tonight,
Tenting on the old carp-ground!
Tenting tonight, tenting tonight, tenting--"

Oh, never mind.
12 April 2006, 09:56 PM
Jayne
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Lincoln:
I'm offended by the tentiveness of your first posting, Jayne. Although I am also offended by modern air, so, welcome aboard our tiny vessel.

The boldness of your post offends me good sir.

Sigh, looks like a duel to the death.

Although you do have a point about the air.
Yours confusedly.
13 April 2006, 12:11 AM
Chapter 31
Oh God, dandelion, my sides ache so.
Cheer up, Jayne. I’m sure Robot Lincoln was just giving you the business.
13 April 2006, 12:46 AM
dandelion
You and Braling II both have a misery in your diodes.
13 April 2006, 02:03 AM
Chapter 31
I think maybe a walk down the Baldwin’s way; a liberal application of the recipe and a good rock on their porch should cure the misery.
13 April 2006, 04:13 AM
rocket
Thanks all. Jayne, I was being facetious. Serious-Welcome aboard!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

13 April 2006, 05:38 AM
Jayne
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Lincoln:
Thanks all. Jayne, I was being facetious. Serious-Welcome aboard!

You were facetious first but I was facetious last, What do they say? He who laughs last didn't get the joke. Hmm.. You have bested me again, but I will return. With wit, and good spelling........or something, yeah thats going nowhere. What can I say, there is no funny from me today, but there is a rhyme.

Yours Limerickly.
13 April 2006, 06:54 AM
Braling II
"...Tenting on the old carp-ground!..."

Something fishy's happening on this site...

Reminds me of that sad song "I lobster and I never flounder..." But that was on a different SCALE. Well, I'm FINished with my piscatory puns.
13 April 2006, 12:36 PM
rocket
Touche', yon poet of the fastideous fecund ovarianisis persuasion. Retrieve fun now from this day! I hereby sayeth to all present, wherefore is not she having fun when there is fun aplenty to be had from this day forward, she shall have fun or we shall recite the holy hand grenade over and over until she doth smile.

Lickspittley yours,

Robot

18 April 2006, 10:28 AM
Braling II
Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year...
19 April 2006, 12:57 AM
dandelion
I might remember April 18, 1975. Barely.