Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Whats your favorite Book written by Ray Bradbury?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats your favorite Book written by Ray Bradbury?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I kind of changed my answer...today in class we read another one of his stories. It was called the sound of thunder...it was rather interesting, but I still think that Something Wicked this way comes is better...so that is what I'm still sticking with.
The sound of thunder was short and I liked that, but there wasn't really much to it.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked Sound of Thunder. Although Something Wicked This Way Comes was good aswell. My favorite is probably going to be SWTWC just because we discussed it a lot more. But they were both very interesting.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the first book of Ray Bradbury's I read was Something Wicked This Way Comes and it was ok but the one I liked was the Illustrated Man. I only read a portion of it but I will borrow it to finish the rest because the little I read, interested me.

"The current science fiction writers are a bunch of jerks. As for cyberpunk, it's crap -- you can't read it."--Ray Bradbury

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book that I really love by Ray Bradbury is Fahrenheit 451. Not only because it's the only book that I read written by him, it's because of its meaning. Fahrenheit 451 shows how important the books are. How fortunate we are today because we can read anytime we want without worrying that our house might get burn if the firemen caught us reading. So Mr. Bradbury thank you for the wonderful books that you wrote.

Darlene S. Big Grin

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I have a Four way tie? Well, My favorite stories are The Fog Horn, The Dwarf, The Beggar on O'Connell Bridge, and Sun and Shadow. I love Ray's novels, but I think that his best work is in his short stories (which make up many of his novels anyway).

Posts: 8 | Location: Jersey | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love "Dandelion Wine". My favourite English teacher loaned me a copy when I was 16 or 17...

That was nearly thirty years ago. I remember reading the last page with tears streaming down my face.

I teach English now, and I still love Bradbury— the most poetic writer of prose ever, in my view.

Posts: 1 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 26 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool story, Mari, and welcome to the board. Anyone who loves Ray as much as you clearly do has got to be a good teacher. You've got poetry in your soul!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion Wine and the poem in its intro. (I recitedit for a poetry competition.)

A writer needs three things:
1) Imagination
2) Persistence
3) The ability to keep their mouth shut

Posts: 6 | Location: On my computer. Obviously | Registered: 28 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite piece by RB has to be The Martian Chronicles. The mixture of ideas and the increible tempo are just captivating. I was mezmorized with the way he envisioned mans' visits to Mars; they are fictitious, yet somehow seem the only way man would act if faced with such opertunity.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, my favorite is Fahrenheit Four-Five-One!

You know, the movie based on the book was filmed on a modest budget in Europe. It was well-presented, I thought.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as this has come up again, allow me to reiterate that, whatever flaws the Truffaut F451 movie may have, the music by Bernard Herrmann is absolutely exquisite!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the most delightful pieces I have ever come across was the Bradbury's introduction to the biography of Edgar Rice Burroughs, reminding me of my own warm summers discovering new worlds in the cool basement -- Burroughs, Bixby. And I find more in Bradbury's philosophies that mirror mine each time I re-read and reteach F451. His is a contact I would like to make in this world.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there. I haven't read any Ray Bradbury since I was about 6..precocious I know. My favourite story was Marionettes Inc.( I think that's the title anyway)
Rays books are so hard to get hold of in England. My local library doesn't stock him, not trendy enough I guess and the local bookshop can only get them for a price. Nice to see references to stories I did love though. 24 years down the line and the imagery is as strong as it was then.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ticktickticktickticktick...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of From the Dust Returned, I think that and Martian Chronicles are probably his most powerful works...

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post