Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    I can't remember de name of a short history

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can't remember de name of a short history
 Login/Join

posted
Hi! I'm new here.
I would like to know if someone knows the name of a history I read when I was a child (along time ago, ha ha). It was about a man that has some kind of jar with a weird thing inside, he bought it at a village fair and all the neighbors were to his house every evening and tried to guess what was inside the jar... one day his wife told him that she found what was inside: it was an hoax, made of glue, paper, etc... and he murdered her, to keep the secret and the mistery.
Thanks for your help!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mink, the story you are inquiring about is one of Ray Bradbury's most famous and well-known (and one of my personal favorites). It is "The Jar", and can be found in a number of collections of Ray's stories, including DARK CARNIVAL, OCTOBER COUNTRY, and THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY (both the Knopf and Everyman's Library editions).

Posts: 2475 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Razzer ha ha. It couldn't be more obvious, I never found it because I didn't have idea of the title. I like it because (I don't know why), it remembers me a bit to Edgar Allan Poe (Another of my favorite writers). In fact my favorite history is "The fall of the House of Usher". Thank you, I'm going to get one of those books you mentioned.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mink, it just so happens that Edgar Allan Poe was one of Ray Bradbury's favorite writers as well!

Posts: 2475 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some "The Jar" info:
http://barebonesez.blogspot.co...part-six-alfred.html

...and the original creepy episode on The Alfred Hitchcock Hour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq_owZI8Fx8

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post