Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name This Story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name This Story
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for a Ray Bradbury story where a man is going to visit his mistress who has some happy undisclosed news to share with him. When he arrives, it turns out she's become religious (which she is very excited and happy about) and is breaking up with him. He is angry and upset.

I have the sense it is from one of his more recent anthologies during the last 20 years, but I could be wrong. I want to know what it is called.

Thanks !

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 September 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Virgin Resusitas" in Driving Blind.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminded me of another story with a similar theme: "Promises, Promises", from The Toynbee Convector. The similarity is that the religious convictions of two lovers complicate their extramarital affair.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The woman in the first story struck me as, in Seinfeld parlance, an ultimate bad breaker-upper. Not only don't let the guy down easy, but strip him of any warm and fuzzy memories!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post