Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    How different is your mind from mine?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How different is your mind from mine?
 Login/Join

posted
Dont try to deny or block anything out, face it head on and remedy it.

Religion:

1. Needed (Invented) because:
People's mental relationship with others. People wanted to feel safe and unthreatened
when around others. Consider it for one moment. If you know what a person is like, what their beliefs are, what they think about, and above all, that they believe in the same things that you believe in, then you'd probably feel very comfortable around them. It's at this time in human's evolution of the mind that they were becoming more self-sufficient and
didn't want interference in their lives. Wars and other conflicts were common in years past and people were beginning to see what a disadvantagous life it was.
The human mind hasn't changed so much these days. There's certain people you won't
go around; whether you know them or not; it's because of a perception you have of
them. When you feel uncomfortable around someone, it's your strength of mind
overpowering you're mental accuracy, and an inability to place thoughts where you'd
like takes place.
Strength of mind is no great gift, it occurs in everyone to some degree;
it tends to seem to advance with age. It's the accuracy that counts. And as mental
strength increases more mental accuracy is needed. The word accuracy can seem a vague
statement, I understand that, but you're intelligent and able to understand it's
underlying meaning. Accuracy means simply, are you able to dictate what's going
through you're mind; or is your perception of what's truly going on and in some
instances, what should go on, where it should be. Mental accuracy has a tendency
to fade out under mental strength. People fall to the problem that is the root
of an infinite amount of difficulties and that has plagued the intelligent mind for ages:
missing the true objective by focusing on pointless details. Religion sought to achieve a mental cohesiveness between man and fellow man. It became unnecessarily
complicated over the years as people began to focus on minor differences
between humanity. You could waste your whole life and accomplish nothing. It's when we can all put our paranoia and dissapointment in all of the irrelevant pieces of life, and others' lives for that matter, and develop an honest, mentally strong and mentally accurate cohesiveness with the rest of humanity where we accept the fact that our minds do indeed exist and that they do indeed have the ability to achieve things that have not been achieved before that we will be able to attain the "unattainable". So please, don't focus on things that you yourself know to be a negative on other lives and your own life. It's not fair to others and it's not fair to you. I think it is fair to say
that we would all be better off it we were able to cooperate and work on common
goals that we all know to be important. It would be easy to realize that this is an
enormous task and that there's no sense in trying. But I don't think anyone would be
comfortable in accepting that. We can't all be followers and we can't all be leaders.
There has to be an appropriate compromise. Use your strength of mind to forge
fresh new ideas. Use your accuracy to ensure the integrity of these thoughts and
to see that they are honest free from underlying agendas. Accuracy is vital. As your strength increases, obstacles to your success will appear and you will need your
accuracy to face them head on, accept them for what they are, and move on with
your goals. As you gain more practice in this, your strength will continue to improve
and you will be able to formulate benificial and necessary ideas, so long as your
accuracy is not neglected and you continue your clear outlook on the events of life.
I welcome a response of any kind that is not dictated by emotion. Drop your guard and show me your mind.

Posts: 3 | Location: St. Paul, MN USA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have three things

thought, emotion, sense

we don't like thought, we hate it, we find ourselves in our thoughts so we hide from them

and to mask thought we have emotional and sensory experience

like drugs, sex, food, love, films, pictures, music

and do stuff like play computer games and go rock climbing and drive cars

does this remind you of Farenheit451? coincidence. or is it?

and then there's the subconscious. something we invent deliberately because it cannot be explained and therefore it can be blamed. hilarious

maybe some of us like to think. doubt it. people do strange things. most people are lazy and don't like to think

Posts: 3 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post