Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The common usage of launguage

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The common usage of launguage
 Login/Join

posted
I have not read many of Bradbury's books, but what I have read I have found that he uses alot of the same images and characters. Has any one else found this as well?

Posts: 17 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found this out as well, because like you said I haven't read much of his work but I found that he likes using the same characters. Maybe he uses the same ones and he feels like he knows them really well, obviously since he created them, but he just wants to stick with what he knows on the characters.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't read many aswell. I looked at it different though, I looked at why he uses some of the same characters is maybe because he has so many ideas for them that he makes different things to put them in.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found some as well like in another posting thing they were talking about the illustrated man and SWTWC. so there I believe is one example.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He does like to refer back to other stories. Like in Something Wicked This Way Comes, Bradbury refers to the Illustrated Man, which he has another novel with the name. I think it is very unique because it makes the readers want to read more of his stories to get a better idea of what is going on in the story.

"The current science fiction writers are a bunch of jerks. As for cyberpunk, it's crap -- you can't read it."--Ray Bradbury

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amber D.:
I have not read many of Bradbury's books, but what I have read I have found that he uses alot of the same images and characters. Has any one else found this as well?
Yes it did seem to me that he uses alot of the same images and characters. One that I found was the salamander he seemed to use that alot.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He uses the same images throughout the book, but I think this is really good, because it brings continuity to the story.
I really really like the way he uses words and images.

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing." -Blaise Pascal

Posts: 14 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post