Ray Bradbury Forums
Sequel to Fahrenheit 451?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/2851040011

27 August 2004, 02:36 PM
sexybeasttrio02
Sequel to Fahrenheit 451?
Would anybody else besides me like there to be a sequel to this book? Because I really want to know what happened to Montag and all of the great things he has done and if everyone thought he was crazy with the idea of books. Thats one thing I did not like about the book, how it ended. I wanted to know more about what happened to Montag! Well if anyone has any ideas of what they think happened to Montag, please send them to me.
27 August 2004, 02:48 PM
KoCiOlEkMiChAeL
If you read the afterword and the coda at the end of F 451 Ray Bradbury explains that he wrote an opra that goes into more details about the book, but I would also like a sequel to the book.
28 August 2004, 04:25 AM
dandelion
If word has it, both of you, or all four of you, as the case may be, will get your wish.
28 August 2004, 04:44 AM
Gothic
I look forward to the sequel to Dandelion Wine, but frankly think Fahrenheit 451 doesn't need one. That final sentence (don't have my copy here, so I'll paraphrase), "When we reach the City", simply cannot be bettered, not even by a whole book. Clarke's 2010 was not uninteresting, but would you say it's on a par with its glorious predecessor?
07 March 2012, 06:19 PM
Eclipse
I always thought a sequel would be quite spectacular truthfully. I actually took it upon myself to write a tribute or sequel per say to it. Here is a little sneak peek what else I plan to unveil in it. We all know as well the Clarisse was what we assume is to be dead, because mildred said she died some 4 days ago. I plan on bringing her back into the story. We really do not know for sure that she died but I liked her mysterious and curiosity she portrayed in this novel so I find her as a way to make the book more interesting. Also I plan on 2 keep it staged in the future and work out what happened to Guy Montag and the war on burning books. I have a lot of ideas to make this book quite a novel. So keep in touch with me fellow book worms and if you wish to leak me some ideas from your cranium I may take into consideration and I will post snippets for everyone who wish to criticize my work that needs altered etc...

~EclipseVortex~
11 March 2012, 03:04 PM
Mr. Dark
Though it will be interesting to see what eclipse comes up with, I'm with Gothic here (as a personal prejudice). I like the end being open. What we do with ideas and books (in which ideas are perserved and embodied) is up to us. My fear is a sequel could reduce the opens open to "us" as we decide what we want to do with books and ideas. Just a thought. Nevertheless, presenting one possibility among others may be very thought-provoking and entertaining.
12 April 2012, 06:55 PM
Starr4636
Read his essay "Remembrance of Books Past (2004)" Bradbury talks about a sequel to Fahrenheit and what that would have done. It's quite interesting. Bernard Berenson asks him "Why not a sequel to Fahrenheit 451 in which all the great books are remembered by the Wilderness People and are finally reprinted from memory. What then?"
His response is wonderful. Smiler