Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    help with identifying story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help with identifying story
 Login/Join

posted
Several years ago I saw a TV special about these kids who were inside some building and would only get one chance to see the sun. The kids tricked a little girl and she didn't get to see the sun. I missed the ending and wanted to get a book with the story in it. I have "R for Rocket' and it is not in it.
Thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Middletown, PA , USA | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story you are looking for is "All Summer in A Day." It appears in A MEDICINE FOR MELANCHOLY and THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY, both of which are still in print. (The latter book is the large volume of stories published by Knopf in 1980, not the recent book published by Morrow).

Posts: 2439 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Richard. I have been working on this mystery for about 5 years. I wonder what the program was I was watching.
Thanks again.

Posts: 4 | Location: Middletown, PA , USA | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for that film/video. I'm a big fan of All Summer In a Day.

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello - I've been thinking about the film " all summer in a day" for years now. I probably saw it on tv when i was about 8, i'm 31 now, and i can say that for the last ten years scences from this film lurk in my memory like a vivid dream. I think anyone who is interested in this film, might want to look into a group from Scotland by the name of BOARDS OF CANADA.

Posts: 1 | Location: the bunker | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to “Resources” on this site and scroll down to the thread called “All Summer In A Day Video”. You may find what you need there. Good luck.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post