Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Scythe
 Login/Join

posted
The Scythe is by far one of my favorite stories by Mr. Bradbury, and yet it seems to be absent from most of the Top Ten Lists that have been posted. Anyone care to tell me why?

Posts: 2 | Location: Tulsa, OK USA | Registered: 06 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because 100 is barely a big enough number, let alone 10!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I just came into this message board to say that "The Scythe" is probably one of, if not the, most powerful short stories ever written by anybody. I would guess that it's absence from any lists is due to how heavy a story it is. It's one of those dramas that you take in and go, "Wow!" After that you just have to spend some time taking it in and processing it. Similar to watching a film like "Schindler's List," or finishing "Of Mice And Men." It's so powerful and intense and dark and heavy on the heart that you know it's good, but you don't want to keep bringing it's energy back into your psyche or your soul.

Posts: 21 | Location: Edwardsville, Illinois | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post