Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...in the words of Jack Benny, "..............I'm thinking about it!"

I first heard that twenty-five years ago.......and I'm still laughing!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK.
Here's the same paragraph, unexpurgated:

Here is a nearly a whole paragraph, omitting only the first sentence and a character's name)...

"He tiptoed to a door that was nailed shut in one wall and bent his raw and now furiously blushing head. He heard Miss Fremwell unlock her door and shut it and move delicately about her room with little tinkles of chinaware and chimes of cutlery, turning in a merry-go-round to make her dinner.
He backed away from that door that was bolted, locked, latched, and driven shut with its four-inch hard steel nails. He thought of the nights he had flinched in bed, thinking he heard her quietly pulling out the nails, pulling out the nails, touching at the bolts and slithering the latch...And how it always took him an hour to turn away toward sleep after that."

Does that help?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there a Miss Fremwell in Free Dirt?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't recall, but this is not that.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hiya BII! Could this be THE HEADPIECE?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tink!
Bless yer cotton socks!
You're right!
Welcome back, by the way. You were sorely missed.
Your turn...

posted Hide Post
"The Headpiece" is one of those stories I have no memory or mental picture of, although I must have read it half a dozen times.

Homework: Read Ray Bradbury's "The Headpiece"!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Tink!
Bless yer cotton socks!
You're right!
Welcome back, by the way. You were sorely missed.
Your turn...

Oh Braling II! I've missed you loads and loads too, which is why I cheated. Kindly FedEx my toffee apple.

Now here's a seasonal quote which should ring a bell or two:

"There was a good crystal frost in the air; it cut the nose and made the lungs blaze like a Christmas tree inside; you could feel the cold light going on and off, all the branches filled with invisible snow."

posted Hide Post
Oh, Tink, I knew that one before I was a dozen words into it.
But, Please! Somebody else have a go!

(Sorry- Have to wait on that apple, luv!)

posted Hide Post
Oh, I know, I know! But I'll let somebody else have a chance.

Ray mentioned this story Saturday night.

Luv is a great word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Mr. Mead! Walking! Just Walking?"

GAOTS: "The Pedestrian!"

(I pondered and then it just came to me!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
GAOTS

What's GAOTS? Kind of like LM(something)AO?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"GAOTS" sounds like haow Eliza Dolittle moight descroib certain herbivores.

Your turn, Butch!

posted Hide Post
Quick off the draw there, Jkt! Greetings from the Big Smoke.

Hey, Sundance! It's my turn to tell jkt it's his turn.