Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
C'mon, you guys! This is a good idea and fun too, and shouldn't devolve into a Braling-Oz dialogue! Where's Doug? He started this!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
C'mon, you guys!

Yeah!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course ANYONE'S welcome to post answers or quotes for others to solve!

Any guesses for the quote above? Hint #1: it's from a '50s story collection.

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, Oz,
I'm going to guess either "The Utterly Perfect Murder" or "The Town Where No One Got Off"...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heeeyyyy ... are you allowed two guesses at once?
Anyway, you got it - 'The Town Where No One Got Off' from THE DAY IT RAINED FOREVER. Well done, B II !

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think he ever really actually officially made a guess. He wrote that he was GOING to guess either one OR the other. So, I will go on record as guessing "The Town Where No One Got Off". That's my final answer. Really. Actually. Officially.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet nobody will really actually officially guess where this line comes from.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains, From I Sing The Body Electric; comes "The Terrible Conflagration up at the Place."

My turn, "Intercom, telephone, wrist radio..."

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'The Murderer' ??

posted Hide Post
quote:
I bet nobody will really actually officially guess where this line comes from.

Or was this line altered / added in GREEN SHADOWS WHITE WHALE ?

posted Hide Post
Ozzie,

You are correct! The last three words, which are repeated over and over, in 'The Murderer,' from Golden Apples of the Sun.

Today we could replace these words with; text message, cell phone, iPod... Again showing that Ray was way ahead of his time.

Congratulations, it is now your turn.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'The Murderer' is a favourite. It is amazingly relevant, decades after being written, like the best science fiction.

OK, here's my next quote:

We stood on the midway, the wind blowing dust in our eyes, leaves whipping off the trees. And the wind carried away all the dead leaves and all the restless people.

posted Hide Post
Can't quite place it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, here's another quote from the same story:

And through that hole I could see the old meadowland, the wind blowing over it and the stars shining alone out there.

posted Hide Post
Ozzie, the first thing I thought of back when you posted on July 30 was "Something Wicked This Way Comes", but I haven't checked...