Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My green-hued friend, our favourite fairy from Merrie Olde England was probably just having us on - I'm sure she didn't really cheat, nor do I wish to know.

As the administrator of this particular thread, I give the next turn to tinkerbell, but tink, don't say things like that - folks'll take it seriously!

In fact, I'll get us back on track right now:

The answer is...

Usher II, perhaps my favourite story in my favourite RB book, The Silver Locusts.

Is it my turn, tink?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, Can't wait for your new question. Please continue on this Sunday evening here in Southern California. Silver Locusts? Usher II is in my copy of the Martian Chronicles in this part of the world.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How am I expected to win the GRAND PRIZE if I'm not allowed to cheat? It WAS a luxury cruise for two in the Caribbean, wasn't it? I've got my Louis Vuitton bags packed.

Bonus points Douggie! You couldn't possibly have googled that one.

Over to you ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Silver Locusts was the British title for Martian Chronicles - go figure.
(it has a slightly different table of contents - I think 'Fire Baloons' is omitted, from memory)
I picked USHER II straight away as well (without cheating) - just re-read it (with a different title) in MATCH TO FLAME.

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found this thread, and having read all the posts, am a bit confused. Is there currently a quote up for detection?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II,

At this time we are currently waiting for Doug Spaulding to have his turn. He correctly answered tinkerbell's quote from Usher II.

posted Hide Post
OK, but did anyone guess "Touched By Fire" for the 92 deg. clue?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow - a lot of activity since last evening!

My quote is this:

"The Captain watched the planet Mars grow very large in space."

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
OK, but did anyone guess "Touched By Fire" for the 92 deg. clue?

Excusez moi! I hazarded IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE in which Sheriff Matt Warren says "...more people are murdered at ninety-two degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature."
Under Queensberry Rules, this answer has to be right. I think it comes into the 'or some such thing' category.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot me down in flames! Dandelion asked which "story". That's what you get for cheatin'.

posted Hide Post
Tink, it's been many moons since I saw the movie "It Came From Outer Space". I recall its being from a Bradbury story, but have never seen a story with that title. Is that what you meant by "Shoot me down in flames!"?
By the way I also recall Russell Johnson being in the movie. I don't remember if he was the sheriff...?

posted Hide Post
According to a June 2002 post by Nard, The movie, "It Came From Outer Space" is loosely based on the unpublished and uncollected Bradbury story, "The Meteor." The story was written in 1953.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, greenray. I should take my own advice and check the archives more often!

Say, Doug, that bit is from a favourite of yours and mine, recently read as well, is it not? Viz: "The Exiles" !

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Say, Doug, that bit is from a favourite of yours and mine, recently read as well, is it not? Viz: "The Exiles" !

I knew it was a mistake to post R is For Rocket in the "What are You Reading Now?" thread at the same time I post quotes from its pages! (Although I'm sure you didn't need or use it)

You have found me out, Other Mr B - go!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Viz is a good word.

"Live Forever!"