Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Okay, another three days and no serious guess, so here's a final clue: the story is indeed in Long After Midnight.

And see also Braling II's last post.

Really, guys! Someone must get it now. If not, answer in two days.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've a feeling this page from my website may hold further clues.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone:
"Say it..." !

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious."

- George Bernard Shaw

(Not that that's a clue or anything.)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was leaning this way and, after further review, will now make my point:
http://raybradbury.ru/library/story/76/3/0/txt/

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty darn close I'd say, fjp451. (Are you an insomniac or an early riser?)

Brother T, I'd LURV to come from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Twickenham, Middlesex doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

~ tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tink ~ How observant! I'm a late bird then an early riser. Typically mid-night reading, 5:30 up 'n at 'em!! I've been part of a wellness team at our school for the past year. We are making strides to improve health (k-12) by keeping nutrition, exercise, healthy daily life choices in the minds of kids, staff, and parents. We are writing articles, doing projects, setting challenges, making daily announcements, and offering presentations in efforts to increase awareness of the benefits of "moving and reading" vs. "sitting, watching, and sugar loading" (etc). Sounds like F451!!!

Anyhow, today on the road @ 6am, here in school 1/2 later, walked 2 miles, lifted weights, worked in my room, (of course) http://pro.corbis.com/images/4...858A-3DEDFE48537C%7D ...7:30am doors open.

So, the RB post was timely.

Perfect spring day in NNY...dandelions everywhere! Hey, Sundance! What's the good word?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Typically mid-night reading, 5:30 up 'n at 'em!! I've been part of a wellness team at our school for the past year. We are making strides to improve health (k-12) by keeping nutrition, exercise, healthy daily life choices in the minds of kids, staff, and parents.

Sounds like a good programme. Except that you left out the part about getting eight hours sleep! Smiler

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS, Yeah, I know...8hrs!? I teach two nights, baseball and lacrosse -(re: our two scruffs), garden, and always "papers, papers, papers!"

(Aside) This morning the birds were great. A smorgasborg of tasty insects has arrived with the warmer weather. 19 days of classes...then summer break. Well worth the effort.

posted Hide Post
Smorgasbord is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at least five forumites demonstrated that they know the answer, but nobody actually posted it - so for the record, the answer is "G.B.S. - Mark V".

So whose turn is it now? Since no one actually posted the answer, I don't know whom to pass the torch to.

To avoid an unseemly succession battle, or a Florida-style recount, I am prepared to post three more quotes: easy, medium and hard. The first to identify all three is the new office bearer. Any support for this?

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: Quote: Any support for this?

Yes, sounds great!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
...Any support for this?

In the spirit of the beating-around-the-bush we indulged in above, this is my answer.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your answers were not in order (you have to imagine a robot voice when I say that).

I will post the three quotes around mid-afternoon, forum time.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Any support for this?

Absolutely!