Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Shucks, I don't know - Half-pint Homicide?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS: Boy, that was close...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'The Long Night'?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...closer...closer...

One last 2008 clue:
"The home was full of sounds late at night. People talking in locked rooms. Arguments. Once he thought he heard Cousin William sobbing"

(I think he needed a tumbler of cognac!")

Happy New Year.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why am I thinking "Death Is A Lonely Business"?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm back on board here.
I now know whence cometh this quote as far as the collection, but, having seen the contents of stories and not owning this collection, I fear I haven't read this one.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It Burns Me Up?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the neighborhood, wrong address...

"Mom and dad mingled with the bright swarm, flames about which social moths beat their sophisticated wings."

Johnny - Cousin William - Ellie - Grandma - and good old Uncle ******

posted Hide Post
Four-way Funeral?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Uh! Am I the only one who has this story!?

posted Hide Post
We need to pass the "Name the RB story" to some well-deserved boarder... You have 'til midnight and then it gets serious.

(Come on, Sundance, the trail is starting to thin and meander!)

posted Hide Post
The Trunk Lady?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"E-U-R-E-K-A-!" is a good word.

Over to you, DS! Whew.

Quite a story. Since it is in A Memory for a Murder, it was a bit more "out there!" One of Mr. B's really early ones - 1944, Detective Tales:

http://www.iupui.edu/~crbs/Bradbury/Bradburyjpegs/memory_murder.jpg

A Spirited and Healthy 2009 for all here and elsewhere!

posted Hide Post
Mr B did not like these stories.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Follow them," whispered Mr Fields. "Study their life patterns. Quick!"

"Live Forever!"