Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hello fellow Bradbury enthusiasts.

Here is another clue: Ray Bradbury wrote of this story-"I wrote the story and put it away long years before the civil rights movement; it is a product of its era, and I believe that it stands the test of time."

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's "Chrysalis"! Not the one that was recently filmed, but the other one, from The Cat's Pajamas.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clever lad! I can unofficially confirm that you are correct. BT will have to give the official confirmation, of course. I thought his original clue was a very good one - accurate without giving too much away.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic, douglasSP and you are correct!

This is one of my favorites and I think (as most Bradbury stories)would also make great film adaptation.

Your turn philnic!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um, Hello?

posted Hide Post
Hello, Brother Tarkas! I know it's my turn, but I was too busy to select and type out a quotation...until now.

Name this Ray Bradbury story:

"He got out of bed quietly, went to the closet, took out an overcoat, a hat, an umbrella, slipped them on, his eyes fixed upon the midnight floor, not seeing the clock which pointed to the hours long after midnight [...]"

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guesses, anyone?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Can't quite place it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

Does this character come from one of the Graveyard/Constance/Murder trilogy books?

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi!
This is from "The Walker in the Night" a story in MASKS. Its about a sleepwalker and the relationship with his spouse.
Initially, I had an image of Mr. Koberman from "The Man Upstairs" from this passage.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Tarkas:
...This is from "The Walker in the Night" a story in MASKS...

Correct! I was hoping to fox everyone by using a quote with the phrase "long after midnight" (the title of a different story and short story collection) in it, but there's no foxing B.Tarkas.

Back to you, Bro!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Can an Englishman say "bro"?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Englishmen can say 'bro', but has Doctor Who ever said it?

Okay here is the new quote:

" A wind came up and blew in the dry papyrus and sifted the ancient wrappings and trembled the curious hands and softly twiched the lips of their old/new four-thousand -year nighttime visitor, whispering."

Good luck all!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Can an Englishman say "bro"?

I just did, and I seem to have got away with it.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
The Welsh say bro, meaning land, but then they say a lot of funny things eg:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryhwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

I defy anyone to pronounce that after a glass of single malt.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post