Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dear Doug,

Can you be a little more Concrete in your quote? I'm a little Mixed up about The answer to this one from 1949!

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
Dear Doug,

Can you be a little more Concrete in your quote? I'm a little Mixed up about The answer to this one from 1949!

You win!

Do you know that it was published in a magazine way back in 1955?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Doug,

Yes, The Concrete Mixer! Linnl confirms my 1949 date, April to be exact, from Thrilling Wonder Stories. What magazine are you referring to in 1955? My quote for the new game will come shortly.

posted Hide Post
"A moment before he had been hunting fleas in the fertile hair that clothed his muscular limbs, but now he was serious, so very serious it frightened me."

Obscure, yes, but still officially a Ray Bradbury story.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Dear Doug,

Yes, The Concrete Mixer! Linnl confirms my 1949 date, April to be exact, from Thrilling Wonder Stories. What magazine are you referring to in 1955? My quote for the new game will come shortly.

Again Doug, both of these magazines, be it 1949 or 1955, have beautiful girls on the cover. However, most of us read the 1955 periodical just for the stories!

posted Hide Post
Bradbury Scholars, since there have been no attempts at this quote, I'll start giving clues in a few days.

Greenray

posted Hide Post
quote:
...Obscure, yes, but still officially a Ray Bradbury story.

Maybe something from Futuria Fantasia? Published under a pseudonym? Or a collaboration with Henry Hasse?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Phil,

Nice work! I knew I could count on you. Let's all pull out our copies of Futuria Fantasia, and find the very short story. The author will be listed as, Ray Bradbury.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's all pull out our copies of Futuria Fantasia, and find the very short story. The author will be listed as, Ray Bradbury.

I pulled but could not find! I think that green ink gets to me after a spell.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug,

It is there for you, I promise!

posted Hide Post
quote:
It is there for you, I promise!

I believe!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
In remembrance of Ray on this Father's Day, I wish to share the answer to this quote. The short story is Gorgono and Slith, from Futuria Fantasia. Doug, or anybody else who wishes to play, please be my guest.

posted Hide Post
"The image I still have, seventy years later, is of my fine father, not for a moment making anything but a wry comment, carrying me through the night streets; probably the most beautiful memory a son ever had of someone who cared for him and loved him and didn't mind the long walk home through the night."

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pieta Summer?

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post