Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Did you know "viz" is short for "videlicet"?

As I'm at work right now (hence my popping in and out), I don't have access to my Bradbury books, so will have to post a quote later.
If someone else wishes to post one in the meantime, I wouldn't take offense; but it may be violating the rules of the game...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I found a few anyway. Here's one:

"So it was nine thirty of a Thursday night before Charlie Moore finally touched the wooden Indian's elbow as if disturbing a friend and hating to bother. Gently he maneuvered the savage to where he became watchman of the night. In the shadows, the carved face stared raw and blind through the door."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
but it may be violating the rules of the game...

I hear tell the thread administrator is easy.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that story, but can't recall the title. However, I do believe it is from "I Sing the Body Electric." Could be wrong, however.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II:

I forgot! Is there a Charlie Moore in Something Wicked This Way Comes?
If so, then...
"Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greenster and Nardster, The story is one from the "I Sing The Body Electric" collection...

posted Hide Post
Eeker OOOPS!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Brailing II, as played by James Coco in Marionettes Inc., on the Ray Bradbury Theater. Since I am an educator, it would not be fair to go to my Bradbury library and look it up. Tinkerbell has already missed recess. Thanks, however, for confirming the collection.

P.S. Can you sing Man of La Mancha, like James Coco did on Broadway?

posted Hide Post
As I recall, Mr. Coco is a tenor; I'm a bass-baritone.
The Broadway star I wish I could sing like is John Raitt!

posted Hide Post
Okay Okay! So what's the Question?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is again for you, posted earlier today.

quote:
OK, I found a few anyway. Here's one:

"So it was nine thirty of a Thursday night before Charlie Moore finally touched the wooden Indian's elbow as if disturbing a friend and hating to bother. Gently he maneuvered the savage to where he became watchman of the night. In the shadows, the carved face stared raw and blind through the door."

posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, but did anyone guess "Touched By Fire" for the 92 deg. clue?

Not so far, but that's the correct answer.

Cori

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dandy!
Well, I'm off to bed, so I'll check tomorrow to see if anyone's come up with the answer to the origin of my quote...(*yawn*)

posted Hide Post
"YES, WE'LL GATHER
AT THE RIVER."

followed by: ...
"Well, Chief, what do you see?"
Charlie followed that silent gaze beyond to the highway that cut through the very center of their lives.

posted Hide Post
"Rehab", greenray, not "recess". Easy mistake ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post