Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Correct answer Mr B! Your turn at last.

You could have the pen but I think, at today's prices, cabbage would be a better bet.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope I can read "Changeling" someday!
Meanwhile...

"[children are] so eager for everything! I guess that's what I miss most in older folks, the eagerness gone nine times out of ten, the freshness gone, so much of the drive and life down the drain. I like to watch school let out each day. It's like someone threw a bunch of flowers out the school front doors."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No takers?
C'mon! Somebody have a go!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zzzzzzzzzz....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Zzzzzzzzzz....

Wake up!

Oh, I think I know - I believe we read this one recently as a possibility to consider as a short film (we decided on The Invisible Boy).

Hail and Farewell?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You bring up a good point, although only the first clip is from the Bradbury story.

So far as I know, there are only one or two versions of this made, both for learning centers or Saturday afternoon children's specials. And neither is very well known.

Our version is slated for probably next year, due in part to raising needed funds, and also because of other projects taking up the necessary time to film.

Stay tuned.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
... as a possibility to consider as a short film (we decided on The Invisible Boy).

There you are, Doug. Mr Tinkerbell could play this role without even showing up!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, Mr Tinkerbell's renowned Bottom would be quite appropriate for this film!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, Hail and Farewell is correct!

Your turn...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Doug Spaulding!

Oh, but there are so many Invisible Boy movies out there nowadays.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qRR45GJiQ1U

http://youtube.com/watch?v=536glVfvczo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xVLCJUjNtYE&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lzEIj1qZLlU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3X0D6baFntI

And that's just SOME of them.

The first looks familiar (is it a colourised version?), the 3rd was clever, the second and fourth were rubbish, and the last is another stellar performance by my very good friend Robby.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Your turn...

Oh child, they said, avert your eyes.
Avert my eyes? I said, what, from wild skies
Where stars appear and wheel
And fill my heart and make me feel as if I might
This night and then another and another
Live forever and not die?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Well, I simply waited, sure that someone would get the source of your quote, DS. I'm pretty sure I know it, without even looking it up; but I don't want to be the only other player in this game!

posted Hide Post
Well, maybe you can tell me, because I've already forgotten which work I pulled it from (I'm a little forgetful)!

Actually, I could look it up - I still remember from which book it came.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Since it's been over a week and nobody else has had a go, I'll guess the quote comes from "Switch On The Night".