Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The clue is in the quote...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Phil! Don't give the game away. This story moved me to tears. But, then, I cry during every episode of 'The Simpsons' so take no notice; I'm just a dumb brunette.
My condolencies, incidentally, for your recent bereavements. Losing family hits one pretty hard. We just have to keep on keeping on. Kindest thoughts - Tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll chime since I read this story late one night after receiving the signed collection from Mr. B - a most recent publication! I too found the theme tremendously human and fragile. I was searching for the title as it is a 2010 release, but Phil's contextual clue did assist somewhat. Simply stated, a poignant, beautiful tale, "The Visit."

No one captures such glimpses of life as does Mr. Bradbury!

I'll toss a pebble into the pond if you wish!?

----------
Phil, "Peace" to those closest and sharing memories, fond and dear!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, tink and fjp. Sorry if I gave the game away with the clue, but if anyone was in the mood to cheat they could easily have Googled the quote and found the entire story online: it was published in The Times last year, and remains online.

For the benefit of those who don't know this terrific little story, read and enjoy:
http://entertainment.timesonli...s/article6380040.ece

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Phil! That's exactly where I first read this story, and must confess I didn't realise it was on online. Well done, chaps!

So, it's over to you fjp.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It had been a wretched error. Better men than he had taken younger wives only to have them dissolve away in their hands like sugar crystals under water."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a clue? Thanks.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do...

He took the gun from his pocket. "I'm an old fool. I should never have come. You're so beautiful."

posted Hide Post
Happy Halloween Tree to All!

I believe this might come from "I Sing The Body Electric," but just can't place the quote to a story yet. Thanks for the clue! Please let us know, fjp451.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A close proximity! Here a Treat: Maybe Braling II could assist if he is out there looking into through autumn's frost touched windows!

"She stood in the doorway behind him. She was dressed in a feather-soft green gown. On her feet were woven gold-twine sandals. Her hair was bright about her throat and her eyes were blue and clear."

posted Hide Post
"We're not allowed to talk of that; it spoils the illusion."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Pard!!

Braling, Grandmother,..."Katie!"

posted Hide Post
I thought those replication clues would help someone!?

posted Hide Post
fjp451 wrote
quote:
I thought those replication clues would help someone!?

Yes, the story is "Punishment Without Crime"

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over to you, Linnl!! Did the robotics references raise your recognition!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1SADcP5g1o