Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Braling II:
Tell me this is from the impossible Bradbury book to get a hold of, 'The Dogs That Eat Sweet Grass'. Otherwise, 'Dog with a Red Bandana'?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOPS!, Sorry, you guys! Here it is the 17th and I've only just noticed these two posts!

Sorry, Nard, but this is from an RB classic.
Thought it would be easy!

Once again (since we're on a new page) here's the quote:

"They say dogs hear sounds humans never hear, sounds so many decibels higher than normal hearing that they seem nonexistent.
The corridor swarmed with screams. Screams poured from terror-yawned lips and dry tongues, screams you couldn't hear because they were so high."

Hint: The 2nd and 3rd sentences have more to do with the story than the 1st.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last chance to name the story!

C'mon folks! (and folkettes!)

I'll post another hint maybe tomorrow if nobody
guesses correctly.
If nobody guesses at all, I'll assume lack of interest, post the answer, and move on to other occupations.

I didn't start this bally quiz you know!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But wait - isn't it one about mummies? The Next in Line, mayhaps?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Dougster!
The Next In Line it is!

Your turn...

posted Hide Post
"I swallowed the wafer but forgot to stay for the wine."

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinks...unless it's a metaphor, it could be one of those stories with priests...it's a humorous line...it refers to eating...

This is just a guess, now:

Have I Got a Chocolate Bar For You?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Dear Douglas,

Is your quote from a short story, or a novel?
Thanks!

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, this topic sure has lost interest for most of us!
Howzabout a hint, Dougster?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug,

If this is a novel, is it Let's All Kill Constance?

posted Hide Post
Sorry - don't know how I managed to miss this line of questioning.

From a collection (a specialty collection).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Specialty, eh? Probably one of the ones I can't afford. Better let someone else have a go.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, not that kind of specialty - just a themed book.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug,

This is just a guess, since the theme of your quote would fit nicely here, A Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests, Rabbis and Ministers. (I actually have this book, but have not read it yet.)