Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly:
Pieta Summer?

Yes. A beautiful, and true, story found in We'll Always Have Paris. It seemed a good quote for Father's Day. Other Bradbury stories about fathers include "The Inspired Chicken Motel," "The Happiness Machine", and "The Wish", to name a few. The poem, 'With Love for Leonard Bradbury' also comes to mind.

Your turn dragonfly!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, ironically, the inspiration for the wonderful statue, I do believe!

I'd read it a while back, and had one of those "I remember the story but not the title" moments (to which I supply many answers online), until I was perusing the contents of books to check which ones I've not yet read. (!)

quote:
Your turn dragonfly!

I shall get back to you on that. With delight.

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As promised!

quote:
It took a long while for their mutual shouts to subside, for now the young man had given up weeping and taken on hilarity, too, and the church rocked with the sounds of two men who one minute had done a sad thing and now did a happy one. The sniffle was gone. Joy banged the walls like wild birds flying to be free.

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What, no takers? Need more?

"Then, as if the world knew there must be a shift of mood and scene, a wind blew in the church doors far away. Leaves drifted from trees and fell into the aisles. A smell of autumn filled the dusky air. Summer was truly over."

posted Hide Post
A confessional story always worth the revisit: "Have I Got A Chocolate Bar For You!"

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, for another favorite story, I couldn't very well say, "I'm here with Ramshackle Shaw, he thought, and was suddenly warm in winter."

now could I?

Which pays a small "hompage" to two of my most beloved stories.

Your turn, Linnl!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly:
Yes, for another favorite story, I couldn't very well say, "I'm here with Ramshackle Shaw, he thought, and was suddenly warm in winter."

now could I?

Please do!

posted Hide Post
Here is the next quote. Please name this Ray Bradbury story:

"And then he told of the rocket itself, the smell and the feel of the metal of the rocket, and the sense of destiny and wild exultancy to at last leave Earth behind, all problems and all sadnesses, and go seeking a bigger problem and a bigger sadness."

posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Tom Wolfe or "Forever and the Earth" Wink

--------------------------------------------
contact: http://i150.photobucket.com/al...08/fotos137/mail.jpg

Posts: 28 | Location: Germany | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whoever:
Reminds me of Tom Wolfe or "Forever and the Earth" Wink

Your are correct, whoever. Your turn!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Your are correct, whoever. Your turn!

Ok... and here's something for a real Bradbury enthusiast: Wink

"Now into the cool cavern of the bank. Cool expanse of marble. Shining cages that kept domesticated animals inside them with cool green money at their pale, domesticated fingertips."

--------------------------------------------
contact: http://i150.photobucket.com/al...08/fotos137/mail.jpg

Posts: 28 | Location: Germany | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post