Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/bradbury03_b.jpg RE:"GAOTS"

OK, Sundance! I wander into obscurity:

"Honest to God, you sound just like my kid. Him and his Buck Rogers' disintegrators and his comic books. Honest to God, it's a crime what they give the younger generation to read. Ruin their minds with it. Killing. Corpses. Ah!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very well, than. I have both the golden version and the pippin version!

Eh, jkt?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How could you possibly get jkt
http://joyblogging.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/28/tmtn_ft.jpg

confused with me, fjp???
http://www.piutecounty.org/images/cassidyseated.jpg

jkt "never" sits still for pictures.

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pippins! Simply beautiful!

http://www.woodbridgefruittrees.com.au/images-large/Apple/ribston-pippin.jpg

Hint for above ~ the policeman was speaking!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

posted Hide Post
It's a fair cop!

Sometimes I confuse Mr T with the milkman.

Mea culpa.

- Tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
jkt "never" sits still for pictures.

Nobody ever has with them the required wide-angle lens.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
zzzzzzzz...

"Honest to God, you sound just like my kid. Him and his Buck Rogers' disintegrators and his comic books. Honest to God, it's a crime what they give the younger generation to read. Ruin their minds with it. Killing. Corpses. Ah!"

OK! Maybe a bit of a stretch. Another clue before a follow-up passage:

A cocktail party downstairs!

posted Hide Post
Ya got me on this one, pard.
There are several stories with something going on 'downstairs', but the only one that comes to mind with a 'cocktail party' is "The Homecoming" and that quote isn't from that, I'm sure...
I May have to pull a few books down off the shelf and search - unless it's from one of those new-fangled collections that I can't afford!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old-Fangled, actually one of his earliest - 1944. Collected in a 1984. A good detective like you may dust off the right title.
More later...

posted Hide Post
A terrifying attic discovery. Whodunit?!

posted Hide Post
Attic or cellar?
"Dusting off" and "attic" brings to mind "A Scent of Sarsaparilla"; "terrifying attic discovery" reminds me of "Zero Hour".
Maybe I'll find time this weekend to research...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I was busier than a tail-gater's brake pedal this weekend (a little commuter humour there) and so did not do the above-mentioned research...

Am I gettin' warm, Butch?

posted Hide Post
OK, Pard!! I'll unwrap the package just a bit more. Shake away:

" - you've got to make it up to me, the way I've been treated. It shouldn't be difficult. I could be Johnny's teacher. That would explain my presence in the house to everyone."
-ELLIE

SD ~ Merry Christmas, to you and yours, as well as to old friends ON BOARD: Peace! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LOgaw4q2iA&feature=related

posted Hide Post
"Vintage Gems of Crime and Terror by a Modern Master of the Macabre."

Come on now!