Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted
The rules are simple: someone (me now) will give a sentence or perhaps a passage from an RB story or novel or some such thing, and the first to guess from whence it sprang will go next.

First:

"One thousand degrees Fahrenheit!"

No cheating now, and good luck!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Golden Apples of the Sun

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After I posted it, I thought I shouldn't have made it so easy.

Your turn.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess which story I think of when it gets as hot as it's been lately.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit?

Doug Spaulding: You're right. Too easy. (By the way, how do you cheat?) So here:

'As if a motion-picture projector had jammed a single clear memory frame in his head, he found his mind focused ridiculously on a scene whipped out of childhood.'

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
By the way, how do you cheat?

Google it!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Golden Apples of the Sun

Now, try this one.

"She was as fair as this morning and fresh as tomorrow's flowers and lovely as any maid when
a man shuts up his eyes and traps her, in cameo perfection, on the shell of his eyelids."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greenray,

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
dandelion:

No. Clue: 92 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cori

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenray:
Golden Apples of the Sun

Now, try this one.

"She was as fair as this morning and fresh as tomorrow's flowers and lovely as any maid when
a man shuts up his eyes and traps her, in cameo perfection, on the shell of his
eyelids."

"SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES" (I cheated.)

My turn:

"But I just saw you crammed up the flue!"

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
quote:
dandelion:

No. Clue: 92 degrees Fahrenheit.

"IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE" - or maybe that was Nard's flying saucer...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell, No! No! You cannot cheat and then expect to continue as if nothing is wrong.

Doug Spaulding said No Cheating! What? Ten minutes into the game and the rules suddenly change?

In fact, the game is STOPPED! really until Doug Spaulding decides what to do? I would think so.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Doug Spaulding said No Cheating!

Yeah! So there.

Tell you what let's do: since Nard got the last correct answer, we will await till he pronounces a winner and continue from there.

His passage was:

'As if a motion-picture projector had jammed a single clear memory frame in his head, he found his mind focused ridiculously on a scene whipped out of childhood.'

Go!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Originally answered by greenray:
Golden Apples of the Sun

greenray is the WINNER!

And thus greenray asks the 'new question'. From where is the following:

a man shuts up his eyes and traps her, in cameo perfection, on the shell of his eyelids."

posted Hide Post
Tinkerbell wins, my quote is from Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Tinks quote is, "But I just saw you crammed up the flue!"

Let the game continue, please. Anyone who cheats will have to play "Zero Hour!"

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tinkerbell CAN'T win.
She said she cheated!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post