Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Linnl, you are correct. Let the game now continue!

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, okay. It continues with...

"All the world was smashed flat and all the echoes of the explosion came back to reverberate at midnight, at four in the morning, at dawn, and he was up early, stunned with the sound of coffee simmering and the sound of matches being struck and cigarettes lit and himself trying to shave and looking at mirrors that were sickening in their distortion."

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And...

"And as it spoke he bent his head and he could feel the warm breath--of course it was there!--coming from her mouth, and when he listened very carefully, holding her to his head, his eyes shut, wasn't it there, too, softly, gently--the beating of her heart?"

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Familiar, but I shall give it more time before I rush to look it up.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also,

"But I hear!" she said, and stopped as if someone had put a hand to her mouth.

posted Hide Post
And So...

"She looked at him and there was nothing in her eyes. His hand shook and in shaking made the marionette tremble, too. Her mouth closed and opened, closed and opened, closed and opened, again and again and again. Silence."

posted Hide Post
They still don't know.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Claude Rains had a beautiful(?) friendship with her.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/804/...ska#x-0,vepisode,1,0

posted Hide Post
Rats!
I should've know.
I've read that several times, but it's been awhile...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right, BrII. I recently watched this on Sir Alfred's classics. Eerie!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fellow sentient life-forms and mechanical marrionettes, the title of this story has yet to be named. Kindly go for it, if you like.

posted Hide Post
You could have picked one that would be easy to spell!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an alternate (also published as) title without the "R" word, if you like.

posted Hide Post
Still no takers... Confused

Can anyone name the alternate title?