Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
fjp451 wrote
quote:
Did the robotics references raise your recognition!?

Yes they did. The youtube posted is impressive, if not kind of scary. Just as scary are humans without a conscience, and perhaps thats partly a take on "Punishment Without Crime."

For any and all interested, here is the next quote:

"But there was no word and the veins did not rest easy in the wrists and the heart was a bellows forever blowing upon a little coal of fear, forever illumining and making it into a cherry light, again, pulse, and again an ingrown light which her inner eyes stared upon with unwanting fascination."

Good luck!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another line:

"A tiny hole of sunlight from the window-shade lay on his chin and picked out, like the spikes of a music-box cylinder, each little hair on his face."

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A final clue/line:

"The Death Festival was gone."

posted Hide Post
The as yet unproduced screenplay, The Catacombs, based on the story in question is soon to be published by Gauntlet Publications.

posted Hide Post
Any guesses, wild or contained, are welcome.

posted Hide Post
A contained guess: The Next in Line?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES! It's "The Next in Line." Your turn tinkerbell.

Photographer Archie Lieberman

http://www.archielieberman.com/

photographed the mummies of Guanajuato, Mexico in the 1970s. After leaving Mexico he was reminded that Ray Bradbury wrote a story about the mummuies thirty years before. His book The Mummies of Guanajuato features black and white photos of Guanajuato along with Bradbury's story.
A stage adaptation of the story was adapted by Sid Stebel and Charles Rome Smith. And a BBC radio adaptation by Brian Sibley.

Does anyone know if the stage adaptation is published?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
...Does anyone know if the stage adaptation is published?

I've never seen a published adaptation.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Apologies for not being specific. I was wondering if the play (or book) had ever been published.

posted Hide Post
I think I understood the question - and my answer stands! To the best of my knowledge, the only plays based on Bradbury to have been published are his own dramatisations, which are available from Dramatic Publishing (www.dramaticpublishing.com), plus a couple of collections of his plays. THE NEXT IN LINE is not among them.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"My talk with you has helped clarify things. Nobody thought an airplane would ever fly, nobody thought an atom would ever explode, and nobody thinks that there can ever be Peace, but there will be."

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At first, I thought "The Toynbee Convector"...but then I decided "A Piece of Wood"!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I wood say that's the correct answer. Over to you, maestro.

posted Hide Post
OK, left's go for something a little bit more obscure. Name this Bradbury story:

"In a brief second they had felt they were falling. They felt themselves hit the floor many times. Then the machine ceased its crazy antics and stopped at the main floor."

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head...though not necessarily an accurate surmise...The City! Perhaps?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post