Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Yes. You know the story. Smiler
Would you like to name it, or let another have a go?

Let another.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just poking my head in for a moment, so will throw out my first thought and then I'm off to other obligations and will check in on the morrow.

Is it "The Great Conflagration Up At The Place"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II asked
quote:
Is it "The Great Conflagration Up At The Place"?

Good guess, but its another story.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The library was a deep warm sea of leather smell.."

As with Doug, let someone else. Braling II, you know this one!

Nice choice in short story Linnl...

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I've got it now, Nora.
Anyone else want to have a go?
I'll not be able to check in here for a day or two...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
whats the story with the monk chasing the entity to tell it about god ? the martian chronicles ?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
whats the story with the monk chasing the entity to tell it about god ? the martian chronicles ?

Could be "The Fire Balloons", which is in some editions of The Martian Chronicles.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
Thanks philnic , I should find out today if it's in the one the library is holding for me .
....on another note i just reread 451 and i always new it was a great warning and depiction of my lifetime . but i never noticed that ... i think.... what he was saying was that because of the 20th century and it's mass , it's ultimate awareness , television , travel whatnot ,,,, that everything had to fall apart , to be done again , not only could every average individual not handle it , and so welcomed the walls and the pills and mindlessness , but it was a shock to our humanity . an overload . . . . so in the book the slate is wiped clean , with the hopes to take a second , more informed this time , step out of the darkness ?

<harvey101blind>
posted
or maybe that it's just the doomed cycle of civilization ?

posted Hide Post
451: I think it's both of those things, and also the story of one man who realises/decides that it's time to bring about change.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
SAX-A-MA-PHONE....SAX-A-MA-PHONE!!!!!!

<harvey101blind>
posted
was it good or bad that he burnt the chief ? is it enough that he didnt burn all of them ?

posted Hide Post
...checking in here after a few days in the cellar.
It seems we've drifted off topic a bit.
May I suggest we go back to the story?
a few days ago, Isaid I knew the answer (and left a clue), but wondered if anyone else would like to guess?

posted Hide Post
The Haunting of the New, a story I didn't care for on RBT.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Name the Ray Bradbury story quote was
quote:
"One wanted to lean through and sniff wild seas of flowers, touch harvest of peach maiden girls, hear the machinery of bees bright-stitching up the glamorous airs."

And The Haunting of the New is the title.

Doug its your turn, and thanks to all who guessed and clued-in.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post