Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Individuals will die as always, but our history will reach as far as we'll ever need to see into the future, and with the knowledge of our survival for all time to come, we'll know security and thus the answer we've always searched for. Gifted with life, the least we can do is preserve and pass on the gift to infinity. That's a goal worth shooting for.

The wicker chairs whispered ever so softly on the grass.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more...come on!
"Holy" is a word I never use, but that's how I felt stranded in all that traffic. Then, middle of the afternoon, I caught myself humming. You know the song. "A wheel in a wheel. Way in the middle of the air."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah - come on! I want someone else to win.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS: I guess this one was over before it got started!?

posted Hide Post
A Sound of Thunder is one of them. It took me to long to be brave enough to post anything. I am not the first time in Ray's web, but always was scared to post next to this amazing speakers. I have a filling, that behind this names , are professional writers. I was reading as much as I could a week ago and was ..., let say, I felt like a personage from "My Fair Lady"...in the beginning of story.
Wrighting of many of members are so beautiful, that I felt such a looser and was just happy to have a chance to read it all.Sorry , more then that, I made a copies some of the posted notes, then I can read again and again, like a favorite book in the childhood.And... letters to your good friend, who may be is not with us any more...I never read anything like that......
I will come back to Ray Bradbury.I named story about ...butterfly and the moments in the history, bcs I see it in our every day life. Every our step today will make our future, we want it or not, we realize it or not. On any subject.And long time ago, I used in argument with some electronic company, this story. To make my point stronger .

Posts: 8 | Registered: 11 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was not over.It didn't let me go to sleep.12:55 AM here.And it was my first post here.
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
DS: I guess this one was over before it got started!?

posted Hide Post
MayaSSR, welcome to the board, and thanks for being brave enough to post! We are mostly gentle souls on here, and always pleased to welcome newcomers.

You should look for the "Where y'all from" thread, and post there!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil,
I will try my best.May be one day, something interesting will come out of an Ugly Duckling.It's just feels like to start a new job. Likely in this case, we don't need to pretend what we wish to be and we can be who we really are.It's easy, when no one see you and some of the names are not disclosed, like mine. It's just funny , that in my adult age I feel, like by mistake I've got a sit on the plane with a sign "United State Of America"...no that is too far.Let say, 20 years ago, Delta over sold tickets and had to give me a sit on the first row of the business class.Point is, I was very comfortable to give a any speech in any places before, but here -it is a problem.I am like a wild 3 weeks old animal , who is exited to discover surrounding environment, but very scared and all I can do now is play hide and sick .That is me.One day, I hope , I will grow up, will figure out this atmosphere, who to use this web site and will be as brave as I am on my Facebook."One day, or another..I am gonna"

posted Hide Post
Great posts, MayaSSR! Welcome, indeed.

I was being totally ironic with my last "hint!"

Here, this should start someone thinking:

"He stopped the lawn mower in the middle of the yard, because he felt that the sun at just that moment had gone down and the stars had come out."

posted Hide Post
"He stopped...mover,.. because..just that ...moment...the stars had come out"..It is about "big picture" isn't it? About our every day, I don't want to use rat race,let's say every day routing and surviving.But we all have a moments to dream. For some of the people- to dream big, to think deep.Analyze and realize.Great leaders, like Ray Bradbury, Steven Spielberg, Sidney Polack and many others just open some Curtains for us. And it is our choice to see and think ,or just take a peek and walk away.
For some reason movie "Insider" popped up in my memory. I saw it on video tape (may be illegal copy, it was in Russia, long time ago. That movie, or any masterpieces written by Ray Bradbury are not "chew laud popcorn" tipe entertainment. It's about a BIG PICTURE, about a vision of morality and ability to see, what is more important, which decisions to make."The Interpreter" with Nicole Kidman can be next on the my Honor list.

posted Hide Post
BTW, that "hint" didn't let me sleep that night and.. . my soup just over boiled and my husband run to pick up kids from school instead of me and last night we bot a ticket to Moscow for this weekend to fly and my house is a mess! But ..Big Picture is also important
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Great posts, MayaSSR! Welcome, indeed.

I was being totally ironic with my last "hint!"

Here, this should start someone thinking:

"He stopped the lawn mower in the middle of the yard, because he felt that the sun at just that moment had gone down and the stars had come out."

posted Hide Post
"Golden Apples of the Sun". I just realized ,that I never read it. My previous comment, may be, doesn 't make any sense.

posted Hide Post
MayaSSR, you need to read "The Happiness Machine"...sounds like you have it already!

Golden Apples is a great collection. My 1st RB read as a 9th grade high school kid - - just a few years back!!

posted Hide Post
...I feel like a happiness machine, since I stopped to hide, to feel shy, and started to share my thought and ideas.First with my friends, then with Friends of Friends. And now here.On RB club. I didn't reed Ray Bradbury storys for a long time , since I've got kids. But the only book that I have is in Russian and published in 1987 always with me, just like right now.Just never again I had a moment for myself and reed it again.In Moscow I bought tapes , (time issue) to listen in the car, but it terned out (even I memories some of the storys as a poem) I still focused too much on the book instead of the road. I will have to buy today my first English books. I will use all recommendations I have got from this club...Well, Delta limited number of cases and weight, you can take on the plane with you. On Sunday, I have 11 hours flight.And plenty of time to reed in English "The Happiness Machine" and more.
I also started to reed RB in my high school. Now I read it to my kids, and they are and were in Elementary..to raise some more responsible people for a better life. Have to run...

posted Hide Post
The only one book I have ,published in 1987 in Moscow "O sketan'ah vechneh e o Zemle" .It has 451'F , Martian chronics and 18 more storys. Long story, how hard it was to get this book that time. It was deficit. I had to bring tons of our old newspapers to Recycle Service to get coupon and then run to book store and buy precious book if it was in stocks. You see, there always something good and bad in any country any time.Good-we(Russians) had a very good recycling program.Bad- to have long line and deficit.There something to learn about environmental programs from Soviet Union! Isn't it!?