Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Actually, I could look it up - I still remember from which book it came.

I think.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I'll guess the quote comes from "Switch On The Night".

That is not the volume from which I got it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. I found it. It's from the poem "Young Galileo Speaks".
Right?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think that was it.

Over to you.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
OK. I'll post something in a day or two.
The enthusiasm with which this idea was first greeted has waned, to say the least, and the participants have dwindled to a very few...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
OK. I'll post something in a day or two.

Time's up!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Braling II and Doug,

I'm here to play, too. Let the games begin!

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am simply waiting.

-Tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
I am simply waiting.

Hey, that's a good line!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Since the line is slow here, how about this: sounds a little too complicated? It is. But see if there are any takers.

Works like this.
You take a sentence or two (or three) from a Bradbury story, and someone has to continue somehow with those sentences to make some semblance of rational thought out of what he or she adds. ( Keeping track of what Bradbury story you got it from may be tedious and too much, but then honesty counts... that you actually got the sentence or two or three from a Bradbury story would be essential.)

So, for instance, I'll try to start it, as an example. If no takers, or this just wanes to the side-road, either go back to original idea here, or perhaps come up with something else. Let's give this a name. How about 'Bradbury Re-mixed'. Got a better one? Put it down.

(I'm telling you where I got these sentences, but it wouldn't be necessary in the futureSmiler

BRADBURY REMIXED

He stood on the curb, watching her drive off, the wind taking hold of her long, dark, shining hair. They had wakened one morning and the world was empty.

(first sentence, Small Assassin, second from The Vacation)

ONWARD~!~~

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
ONWARD~!~~

Hey, that's a good line!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try! My selection from The Anthem Sprinters

BRADBURY REMIXED

He stood on the curb, watching her drive off, the wind taking hold of her long, dark, shining hair. They had wakened one morning and the world was empty. A tear, large, luminous and beautiful, fell on his cheek. Another tear, larger and more lustrous, emerged from his other eye. His chin was wet. It was certain he had been crying for some minutes.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good idea, Nard!
And here's mine from "The Best Of All Possible Worlds"

BRADBURY REMIXED

He stood on the curb, watching her drive off, the wind taking hold of her long, dark, shining hair. They had wakened one morning and the world was empty. A tear, large, luminous and beautiful, fell on his cheek. Another tear, larger and more lustrous, emerged from his other eye. His chin was wet. It was certain he had been crying for some minutes.
And, everything considered, she's not much to look at. It's just she smells so good.

posted Hide Post
From 'Fever Dream'

BRADBURY REMIXED

He stood on the curb, watching her drive off, the wind taking hold of her long, dark, shining hair. They had wakened one morning and the world was empty. A tear, large, luminous and beautiful, fell on his cheek. Another tear, larger and more lustrous, emerged from his other eye. His chin was wet. It was certain he had been crying for some minutes. And, everything considered, she's not much to look at. It's just she smells so good.

Now he had no body. It was all gone. It was under him but, but it was filled with a vast pulse of some burning, lethargic drug. It was as if a guillotine had neatly lopped off his head, and his head lay shining on a midnight pillow while the body, below, still alive, belonged to someone else.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From A Medicine for Melancholy

BRADBURY REMIXED

He stood on the curb, watching her drive off, the wind taking hold of her long, dark, shining hair. They had wakened one morning and the world was empty. A tear, large, luminous and beautiful, fell on his cheek. Another tear, larger and more lustrous, emerged from his other eye. His chin was wet. It was certain he had been crying for some minutes. And, everything considered, she's not much to look at. It's just she smells so good.

Now he had no body. It was all gone. It was under him but, but it was filled with a vast pulse of some burning, lethargic drug. It was as if a guillotine had neatly lopped off his head, and his head lay shining on a midnight pillow while the body, below, still alive, belonged to someone else.

The sun came out.

It was the color of flaming bronze and it was very large. And the sky around it was a blazing blue tile color.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post