Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks for guessing! But, no.

Since we've moved to another page, I repeat the quote:

"They laughed, and with him holding her she felt so beautiful she knew their marriage had slipped her from her ugliness, like a bright sword from its case."

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one of my favorites, but they never get married in that one. At least, not to each other. "Your papa, as you well know, cries at phone books."

Posts: 18 | Registered: 25 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I'd best give you all a hint, then. How about this: Brunilla Wexley...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooh! Ooh! A man with wings!! Uncle Einar!!!!

posted Hide Post
You are correct, sir!
Your turn!

posted Hide Post
Okay...let me see...I haven't read through the entire 14 pages of this thread to see what's been posted...so...how about:

"...and then roar off and away toward that suddenly brilliant town called Obscurity by a dazzling seashore called The Past."

posted Hide Post
Welcome to you, kvk! Is it By The Numbers! , from The Toynbee Convector collection? Please advise.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I know whence cometh kvk's quote, and it is not "By The Numbers".
But I don't want to be "it" again just yet in this literary game of Tag.
Somebody else, please.
Great story, by the way.

posted Hide Post
I guess nobody wants to play.
I believe the quote comes from "The Wonderful Death Of Dudley Stone".

posted Hide Post
Braling II, I believe you are correct. I checked, and that quote is the last part of "The Wonderful Death of Dudley Stone." Just waiting for kvk to confirm. Braling II, you really know your stories. Additionally, The Ray Bradbury Theater episode of this story is excellent, by the way.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M-5 tie-in...confirmed!!

Well done, BII!

posted Hide Post
OK. Here's one that should be pretty easy:

"They say dogs hear sounds humans never hear, sounds so many decibels higher than normal hearing that they seem nonexistent.
The corridor swarmed with screams. Screams poured from terror-yawned lips and dry tongues, screams you couldn't hear because they were so high."

(Incidentally, decibels measure volume, not pitch, but it's still great writing!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,

posted Hide Post
The response to my poser recalls to mind a quote from the Orson Welles radio script of "War of the Worlds":

"Isn't there anyone on the air?

Isn't there...anyone?"

posted Hide Post
Well it's got me stumped! I think I'm out of my literary league here... :-p