Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Forthcoming books?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forthcoming books?
 Login/Join

posted
I hear a lot of chatter about what's next from Bradbury's publishers. Does anyone out there really know the scoop? What's coming up next? Novel or short stories? And when?

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what amazon.com says is new/forthcoming:

They Have Not Seen the Stars : The Collected Poetry of Ray Bradbury
by Ray Bradbury (Hardcover)
Special Order
List Price: $29.95
Our Price: $29.95

One More for the Road : A New Short Story Collection
by Ray Bradbury (Hardcover - April 2002)
Not yet published
List Price: $24.95
Our Price: $17.46
You Save: $7.49 (30%)

The Blackstone Book of Magic and Illusion by Harry Blackstone, et al (Paperback - January 2002)
Usually ships in 2 to 3 days
List Price: $24.95
Our Price: $17.46
You Save: $7.49 (30%)

Long After Midnight
by Ray Bradbury (Paperback - May 2002)
Not yet published
Price information not available. You can still order this item, and we will request approval of the price via e-mail prior to shipment.

These last two are reprints of books I believe are out of print in hardcover.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I hope these dates are true, but Amazon hasn't been very well informed in the past. From The Dust Returned was listed about two years before it eventually came out, with wildly inaccurate release dates.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone!

My name is Julia, and I helped to get this site up and running. I work for HarperCollins/William Morrow in online marketing. I've been reading some of the back posts that I'd missed, and I love the discussion all of you are having!

I wanted to let you know that we are making corrections to the board to eliminate some of the posts which have no place on this board (I know you know what I mean there).

I also love looking at the discussions you have, and I will be checking in from time to time to let you know about what's going on here at the Publisher's end. I also want to be able to answer some of the questions/comments you have here and there.

To that, I wanted to let you know about two upcoming books from Ray!! Here's the 411:
ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD
A New Story Collection
On sale March 26, 2002

In ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD we are treated to the best this talented talemeister has to offer -- the eerie and strange, nostalgic and bittersweet, searching and speculative. Here are a father's regrets, a lover's last embrace, a child's dreams of the future -- all delivered with the trademark Bradbury wit and style.

THE ILLUSTRATED BRADBURY
from Jerry Weist
on sale 10/1/02

Beautiful, oversized book -- a "visual biography" of Ray Bradbury, from childhood through the "pulps," into the "slicks," his EC comics days, books, film, theater. Even includes some examples of his own art.

Introduction will be written by Ray, and commentary throughout the book is written by Jerry. You're going to love this one!

So, do these sound good to you?

I'll check in again soon - until then - all the best to all of you!

Julia

Posts: 11 | Location: New York, NY USA | Registered: 22 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Julia,

Thanks for the update!

posted Hide Post
Julia- Yes, Thank you for your efforts in developing this site and also for your intentions to maintain its integrity!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Julia -

Thanks very much for helping to create such an outstanding site!...And for maintaining its integrity, too.

I have an advanced proof of "One More for the Road," and can attest to its excellence...I can't wait to see it on the shelves in bookstores! As for "The Illustrated Bradbury," I had no idea that one was coming out...Sounds fabulous.

Is "Let's All Kill Constance" coming out in the fall, too?

Best,
Greg Miller

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, if you go to www.salmonpoetry.com, you can buy a copy of Ray's new poetry collection, "I Live by the Invisible," published only in Ireland.

-Greg Miller

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post