Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    MICHAEL MOORE SAYS IT ALL: I'M SORRY !

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MICHAEL MOORE SAYS IT ALL: I'M SORRY !
 Login/Join

posted
Apologetic Moore reported as such by the newspapers:
http://www.canada.com/entertainment/movies/story.html?i...5d-b492-70071f256d53

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor Moore. Really!

He couldn't get the ratings lowered to PG 13. He thought that showing an actual beheading in Saudi Arabia would be something they could let the kids off at the matinee for. Well, sneaking around in multi-plex theaters is rampant, so they'll likely see it anyway.

Article in today's 'Chicago Tribune' does refer to Moore's borrowing ""Fahrenheit"" from the title of Ray Bradbury's classic novel, ''Fahrenheit 451''. Something like borrowing a cup of sugar is it?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, dumb...

Posts: 16 | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TaoistBoy

I agree. Thought so, too.

By the way, since this flare up in recent days surrounding numbers that refer to a temperature, interesting to note that the word 'temperature' comes from a word denoting 'mixture', relative to the words 'temperament' and 'temper'. Evolved later as a term for... 'mild weather'.

Temperaments have been wild. Tempers has been all over the place. And there has been very little 'mild weather'.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-22-2004).]

posted Hide Post
Since Bradbury is a thief himself, he should sit down and SHUDDUP.

Macbeth, Act 4, Scene 1, Second witch:

By the pricking of my thumb, something wicked this way comes.

How can a thief complain about another thief?

Posts: 2 | Location: Belleville, IL, USA | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't you post this EXACT same thing elsewhere in these threads? Nice work.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES actually supposed to reference MACBETH? Wasn't he going for that weird, eerie feeling that you get from the witches with his creations in his book?

I haven't actually read this book yet (and I kick myself for not doing so) so I don't know what all the charecters are like.

Posts: 3 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, Shakespeare is now in the public domain; I can print any of his works I want, get paid for them, and not have to give any money to his descendants (if he has any known ones).

Posts: 3 | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Klem_Kadiddle

I think the Red Skelton Family would object to your using the full name of Klem. What do you think?

Mickey Mouse almost suffered the same fateof being public domain last couple years, until Disney bailed him out at the last minute. Boy, what a catch that would have been for 'Public Domain'.

posted Hide Post
You guys got it all wrong. Yes, Ray Bradbury is a THIEF, but he didn't get it from "Shake Spear" or "Mack Beth," or whatever you're talking about. DUH! He obviously STOLE it straight out of the Harry Potter movie!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goddamn best reply I've seen today! Cheers, Groon!
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post