Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Ray Bradbury's unique writing style

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury's unique writing style
 Login/Join

posted
Mr. Bradbury has a very descriptive writing style.

His words give you an exquisite picture of what is happening as you are reading his books. For example in his book "Fahrenheit 451" he portrays when books were appreciated.

The government gets rid of books because they want everybody to be happy but, mostly because they want to be in control. They believe that books give you knowledge and if people have knowledge than they can stand up for themselves because they understand how to form their own ideas.

They also have no pets because pets teach them something. They teach them responsibility and in the book they don't have any responsibility, they don't have laws. Like how they can drive fast and crazily Or how their wives don't have to do anything but watch television.

Mr. Bradbury's writing can help you imagine or picture these this clearly so that you understand them.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 27 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He always aid that he wrote visually. That scripting his stuff was easy because he wrote it like a film.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, I guess, this will create a unique listening style:
~e-RB
http://www.guardian.co.uk/book...INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, fjp451. And Dark Carnival as a ebook release, too.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
...And Dark Carnival as a ebook release, too.

Now THAT is a big deal. Ray generally opposed the re-issue of DARK CARNIVAL, principally on the grounds that he had re-written the stories and put them out in THE OCTOBER COUNTRY. There have only ever been three editions of DC: the US hardcover, the UK hardcover, and the Gauntlet limited edition re-issue of c.2002.

To have DC available again in any mass-market edition is wonderful. I just hope they use the DC text, and don't just copy across the text from OC.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It'll be wonderful to have Dark Carnival as an e-book, but if it happens, I hope we get the original edition, not the truncated British one.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be most delighted if they took the Gauntlet text, since this has all the stories of the original US edition plus prefatory material for each story. I imagine this is also the only edition for which a complete digital text file already exists.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post