Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Rediscovering Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rediscovering Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Folks,

Having sold my 'video games' computer a few months ago, I now have more leisure time for reading. I'm therefore looking forward to reading many of the Ray Bradbury books listed on this forum.

I havent read many of Ray's books; but the ones that stand out the most are Dandelion Wine, which I read in the late seventies, and The Illustrated Man. (Once read, never quite forgotten

Best wishes and happy reading,

Tinfish
UK

PS: Any suggestions for a book containing some of Ray Bradbury's most weird and interesting stories, would be much appreciated.

==

[This message has been edited by Tinfish (edited 03-05-2002).]

Posts: 6 | Location: uk | Registered: 05 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Martian Chronicles would be a great place to start, even if you have already read it. This might fan the flames and you will then be well on your way...

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For 'weird', try 'The October Country - some of RB's best early tales of terror and oddity.

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try to find "the stories of Ray Bradbury"
it is a great collection.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for these suggestions everyone, I'll try and check them out.

'The Man Upstairs' sounds like an interestingly weird story. Anyone read it?

Thanks,

Tinfish
UK

Posts: 6 | Location: uk | Registered: 05 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story, you will think twice about stuffing next time you eat a chicken or turkey. It made me laugh!

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read "Have I Got A Chocolate Bar For You"
today, and found it wonderful. It is in The Stories Of Ray Bradbury. That collection is worth finding!

posted Hide Post
I went online to my local libary today and discovered that they have 'The Stories Of Ray Bradbury' and 'October Country'.
I'm looking forward to some quality reading time over the next few weeks

Thanks again,

Tin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uncle:
I read "Have I Got A Chocolate Bar For You"
today, and found it wonderful. It is in The Stories Of Ray Bradbury. That collection is worth finding!

Uncle,
I have read several times here that The Stories of Ray Bradbury is one of your favourites so I ordered a used copy. I used to check out that very collection at the library often. It's a huge anthology so I'm excited to soon add it to my mainly paperback collection(used and highlighted, by choice). Thanks.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Have I got a chocolate bar for you" Is an excellent story,quite humorous, isn't it?

Posts: 22 | Location: Grand Haven USA | Registered: 15 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post