Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Need help on a Ray Bradbury short story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help on a Ray Bradbury short story
 Login/Join

posted
If anyone here has read The Veldt, I need to know: the plot (conflict, crisis, climax and resolution), the tone, the irony, the symbolism, and the theme. Thanks!
Kelly
P.S. I need this ASAP!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like it would be easier to get a copy of the story and read it.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have a copy, but it's hard for me to find these things. It would be nice to get some help.
But thanks anyways.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, obviously resolution is a problem in almost any Bradbury story. A friend of mine once said that in most Bradbury stories, "At the beginning a window opens and the story is going on, and at the end it closes but the story is still going on." Of course, we never find out what happened to Peter and Wendy following the end of the story, but the fate of their parents and the discovery of that fate by a responsible adult would be the resolution.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kelly, look in the back of your lit text or in a dictionary for the key story elements that are giving you difficulty. Reread the Veldt at least one more time with these story components in mind then write some short notes or impressions about what you think are the essential elements. String these together in the format that you have been given by your instructor, and you may be staring your rough draft in the face.
Keep at it It is an exellent story.
Then over the break I suggest that you read the collection of stories that it comes from
"the Illustrated Man" that book will give you more of Mr. Bradbury's work to mull over.
Good Luck Kelly

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 12-20-2001).]

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If all else fails ask your instructor for assistance, you never know you might get lucky!!

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 12-20-2001).]

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post